Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
punkmama3
Registered Users

Tubal questions (Not sure where this belongs)

I had my tubes tied when I had my daughter. I'm still having some cramping. It was 2 weeks ago (on Thursday, it will be anyway). I was wondering how long the cramps last for? And should I look forward to a painful PP period once I get it back (I'm BFing, so I don't know when that will be. haha)?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old DS feedback here: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=2838.0
punkmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tubal questions (Not sure where this belongs)

thinking of having a tubal done after I have this one....
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
punkmama3
Registered Users

Well, no one told me, so I'll tell you: you cramp up pretty bad. But it subsides some. I still have some crampiness though and I'm just hoping it's normal. I have meds for it, but I'd like to stop taking them.
I'm happy I got mine tied. I mean, ok, I'll be honest, it's upsetting cause I love babies, but I know this is what I wanted to do. I know I don't want more kids, 2 boys and 2 girls is enough for me! So getting this done was right for our family. Just make sure it's what you want to do (they literally asked 500978969060 times if I was sure, lol). If it is, then do it!
All I know is that in another few weeks, condoms and BC will be a thing of the past! LMBO!

Old DS feedback here: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=2838.0
punkmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I haven't had one, my dh is planning on getting himself done. Just out of curiosity, why do women do it, when the husband's procedure is so much easier?
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:31 AM   #5
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

persoanlly i would do it if they would remove everything but one ovary (sp?) just enough to produce hormones. i have had AF issues since i was 12 but my SIL just had hers tied when she had he last and she said she was crampy for about a month and tender for a couple weeks after that.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:12 AM   #6
sheri_b
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
I haven't had one, my dh is planning on getting himself done. Just out of curiosity, why do women do it, when the husband's procedure is so much easier?
The reason I got 'fixed' was because they were going to have me open for a repeat c-section anyway, so they might as well do it then instead of cutting dh.

Plus, it made me feel better to know that if for SOME WIERD REASON, I just had to have another baby (not gonna happen), they could harvest my eggs easier than they could get spermies from dh . Does that make sense?
sheri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:04 AM   #7
Willys Woolies
Registered Users

I had mine done when they did my c-section with my last child....they were in there anyway, so why not? I didn't notice any additional cramping other than the regular c-section healing stuff. I will tell you though, since my periods have not been the same. I've had more cramping and bleeding than I did before I had them tied. It's been 19 months now and the periods for the first year after were super, super bad! I couldn't leave my house pretty much because the bleeding was incredible. I'd go through everything. I hear this can happen sometimes, but maybe you'll be different. It's better now, but still pretty heavy and nothing like they were before I had the tubal done.
Willys Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote