Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2006, 05:53 AM   #11
ashandri
Registered Users
seller

Re: falling asleep w/o breast or bottle? HELP PLEASE

I have no problem giving her a bottle! It's definitely not that! The docs and everyone I talk to says I'm supposed to stop doing it. I just don't want to mess up. I am a first time mommy. I could try the water in a bottle, but she doesn't seem to like that. I have tried to do that once in awhile, but she doesn't take it. What age to they want to put themselves to bed? What age do kids stop sleeping in a crib? I got that nuby cup and am going to try that more after we move. Any thoughts on whether she needs to be putting herself to sleep? I am laying with her every time? Do ya'll think that is bad? She usually sleep through the night without a problem, but she can't fall asleep on her own. Is there an age that she will learn NATURALLY to do that? I like the idea of standing next to her crib and patting her and the routine and all, but my little one would SCREAM her head off if I tried it. I think we have just laid with her and been there to soothe her to sleep for too long that she really expects us to be there. Any other thoughts?

Advertisement

ashandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:05 AM   #12
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think your fine!! my 7 mo dd will only fall asleep if there is a boob in her mouth, lol. imo, it's much better than letting her cry herself to sleep. do what is best for your family, don't worry about what others think.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:13 AM   #13
sheandaru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandri
What age to they want to put themselves to bed? What age do kids stop sleeping in a crib?
Once your dc can climb out of the crib, it's time to move to a toddler bed!

Quote:
Any thoughts on whether she needs to be putting herself to sleep? I am laying with her every time?
I think whatever is working for you right now you should go with it. Babies change their routines all the time. Just when something's working for you, they'll decide they need something different--a new song, a new way of being held, etc. Laying with her is doing more good than anything since she's so young. She needs to know her mama's there for her!

Quote:
She usually sleep through the night without a problem, but she can't fall asleep on her own. Is there an age that she will learn NATURALLY to do that?
I don't think there's a particular age when they'll magically fall asleep on their own. Every baby is different. My oldest had trouble falling asleep on his own, but my middle child didn't. My newest babe has trouble falling asleep on his own, but I've learned to wear him in a wrap to help him get to sleep for his daytime naps, then nurse him to sleep at night.

I say don't stress about it too much. Enjoy & cherish the time you have snuggling with your little one. I doubt very much that your dc will need you to get to sleep when she's older.

sheandaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #14
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My friend had this problem and this is what she did:

Slowly water-down the milk, gradually over a couple of weeks so the bottle is just water in the end. Milk can really rot her teeth so you are doing the right thing to address this.

My dd goes to bed with a sippy cup now. She sweats so much at night that she gets thirsty. Doc has no problem with water all night long. It just makes her a super soaker......still looking for the solution to that problem.

Good luck.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote