Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #21
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:
Re: OB's with a sordid past?

Is it possible that it wasn't him, but maybe a father or cousin or something?

Advertisement

momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #22
MamaF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Two things to share here:

1: whenever i've had a male Dr. (OB or other) and there was any need to remove clothing or show certain parts there has always been a nurse in the room...i've always thought that was standard procedure to prevent complaints or feeling wierd??

2: My first OB practice where i live now for my DD was all women and i loved them...they were great....after i gave birth one of the 4 left and they had another women Dr. in the area for subbing when needed...i saw her once after DD b/c i thought some stiches fell out, i thought she was nice and liked her....between then and my pregnancy w/ DS i found out that a friend almost died in her care and friend was told by other Dr. in practice that she was retiring early and the botched aftercare of c-section shouldn't have happened...well this sub-Dr. was her...DH and i were't comfortable having a chance at having to have her and we were told we'd have no choice if she were the Dr. on call so we had to switch practices...i didn't like the new practice (b/c i'm not comfortable with men..just a me thing). I called my old practice the other day (my DD is 2) and they are still using her so i don't want to go back until i know she's gone in case i get pregnant again

Go with what you are comfortable with..even if it means switching Dr.'s. i so want to go back to my old practice b/c i love the other Dr's there, but DH and i decided we don't want to risk ever having to deal with her...
Old 09-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #23
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

don't know what to think. when i was late in my pg and considering switching care providers i went to an appt at a new office. based on that one (horrible) meeting, i have these thoughts to offer~

if you do change, the dr will not know you, your education about birth etc, your confidence or preferences. that sort of thing. you will not have built up a relationship with this person. will that be a problem for you? in light of the news you just learned, maybe not. maybe you will be more uncomfortable with your current dr knowing what you know.

personally, i don't know what i would do. it can be such a pain to find new dr. especially when you haven't had a problem. i guess you'll have to weigh the creepiness factor with the effort it takes to find a new dr!

for what its worth, i don't think there is a wrong answer. do what feels right to you.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #24
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Theres not just a nurse in the room because of the charges he faced.

There should be a nurse in every room wherever clothing is removed. If someone ever sees a doc and thats not happenening theres something wrong!

OP - I'd call my insurance and tell them I want to switch now...

(didnt read all replies- sorry if this post is redundant )
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 AM   #25
ginafer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn__ View Post
(why is my husband in quotes? )
Your siggie says me, him.... so I didn't want to assume you were married.
Joshua 24:15
Ginafer: wife to 1 wonderful husband and mother of 5 gorgeous boys!
ginafer is offline   Reply With Quote