Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
ginafer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Day After...my due day

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
The average length of pregnancy for a Caucasian woman is 41.6 weeks.
I always wondered, if this is the average why don't they make 42wks the EDD!? Or rather why do they add the two extra weeks between your last period and ovulation!? Seriously if they just omited the two weeks before and based the EDD 2 wks after your LMP then the 'average' 41.6 would be 40wks!

Advertisement

Joshua 24:15
Ginafer: wife to 1 wonderful husband and mother of 5 gorgeous boys!
ginafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #12
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

has anyone heard from Daizy?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

i hear ya! i have had this feeling the pregnacy that my baby was going to be born in september but now i'm not so sure. i'm not due till oct 5th. i went 10 days over with ds and it was agony!!! i would seriously cry every morning i woke up still pregnant. i have an ob appt on wednessday and hopefully she can strip my membranes, i will also be trying the accupuncture on my due date if she isn't born by that day. i don't want to be induced but i also don't want another 11 pound baby either. hang in there baby will come soon
Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #14
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Haven't seen Daizy on here since Sat. hopefully that is a good sign. And yes I'm noisy enough to have checked out when her last post was.

I think it's cruel to tell a mom her baby will come at 40 weeks when the average is longer. This just makes moms antsy and makes them stop trusting there body.(Maybe that's part of the plan) I think they should adjust the due date to 40 weeks from ovulation at least for first time moms. I think the 41.6 weeks is also because there are so many first time moms but even for subsequent babies it is nothing to get to 41 weeks and the fact that normal shows almost 42 weeks why do they get so upset and worried after 40 weeks, we obviously can do more just fine. Oh yeah, then they would have to wait for a laboring mom, that may go in the middle of the night instead of just doing a quick convenient induction than a few hours later a c-section. Two of our hospitals have a c-section rate of 42% and 47% from what I've heard, so if I seem cynical of the conventional ways that may explain it some.

Last edited by joyful mother; 09-25-2007 at 12:02 PM.
joyful mother is offline   Reply With Quote