Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 AM   #11
jennywymore
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have a cold and my ear hurts and the doc. won't give me anything. Please help!

Also another idea, we love Vietnamese food, go to the nearest resturant and trust me, order a rare beef soup bowl. The meat cooks in the broth, put a little bit of hot sauce in it, nothing clears you out better than that. They also have chicken. NO DOG I promise....

Advertisement

jennywymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #12
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I have a cold and my ear hurts and the doc. won't give me anything. Please help!

I am takling Alkaseltzer Orange for my alergies and cold issues right now on top of my prescription meds. My RE says it is fine...and I am high risk for loss. I am sure you can go take it too. To me that stuff is liquid gold!!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 AM   #13
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzchen View Post
Sudafed is a no-no now. It was OK when I was pregnant with my son, but my OB said it is now not reccomended for pregnancy. The list they gave me has Zyrtec, Claritin and Benadryl for allergies.

I would call your OB/Midwife and see what they suggest.

ETA: links

http://www.safefetus.com/DrugDetail....d&TradeId=4641
http://www.obfocus.com/reference/For...oephedrine.htm
http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregna...e_rblv,00.html
That is really interesting. That is the first time I have seen that. My son was born with gastroschisis and its so frustrating to not know why it happens. I did take sudaphed and tylenol in the first trimester of his pregnancy. wow!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #14
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great!
I have taken Tylenol- I don't know why- it is worthless!
AND I took Sudafed 3 times last week at 13 weeks pg!
Now I'm going to worry until my U/S on the 19th!

I have taken a tiny bit of OTC medication with all my pregnancies all all my boys were born healthy except DS3 who had a lung collapse after birth but I think the Ped. caused that by giving him C-pap for breathing when that did more damage than good and also him being born by section.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #15
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any homeopathic remedy is perfectly fine to take while pg. Similasan makes an ear oil remedy that you warm up slightly, drop some in your ear and plug w/ a cotton ball. You can even put a heating pad (low heat) over that ear while you are laying down. And, as pp said, breastmilk - I've used it on my own ear successfully in the past.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote