Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
jennywymore
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Inducing labor

Crazy question, have any of you heard of oral ... working to induce labor?
Do you have any other suggestions?

Advertisement

jennywymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
Monzie
Registered Users

Re: Inducing labor

I know that, if "taken orally," the prostaglandins that are present in semen can help ripen your cervix. But its much more effective if you apply them directly to the area instead. If you can't bear the thought of having sex, you can always try inserting a couple of Evening Primrose gelcaps up near your cervix right before bed. They contain the same prostaglandins as boy goop.

But you're not really inducing labor either way. You're just softening things up down there to help facilitate labor. If you're really trying to get contractions going, you need to focus on having a big O yourself. Or do some nipple stim (on your nipples, not your partner's ).
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was told by my old MW that she has give pleanty of moms and dads "alone time" for the oral deposit. and usually it will kick start labor.

GL!
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
michiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so embarassed to talk about this EVER!! but I read that when I was pregnant with DD and it really did work. So needless to say I know exactly what I will be doing this time around, plus you dont have to try and lay perfectly still for 20 minutes afterward. Hubby has been talking non stop about it since we got pregnant. Good luck!
Old 09-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

The semen ripens the cervix but if you can climax that helps kickstart contractions, believe me the last few months of pregnancy I have a rock hard tummy for a while everytime after and even though I don't go into full blown labor until around due date, it does do some of the work as I may not go into "labor" until around 7 centimeters and have a short labor!

Last edited by joyful mother; 09-27-2007 at 04:58 PM.
joyful mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
jennywymore
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much, it was very difficult for me to ask but I am so misserable I will try anything. I have really bad contractions but they dont go anywhere and stop after 10min.
jennywymore is offline   Reply With Quote