Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #31
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whats wrong with me?

Just wanted to send you a big hug and let you know that it's okay to feel the way you do! Not sure if anyone else suggested this, but if you feel like you want to discontinue breastfeeding your first daughter, work on that...then worry about how you will feel with the next one. Maybe a few months of not breastfeeding will be a nice rest and change your mind. Sometimes you don't know the future will be like until it's smack dab in your face or how you will react. Pregnancy and childbirth are very emotional, powerful things...hang in there!!!!

Advertisement

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #32
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whats wrong with me?

Thank you so much for all the support, and the encouragement to try and get Gemma weaned.

She doesnt nurse that often during the day. Usually every 4-6 hours, just depending on what we're doing. If were home and being lazy, its more often. It's the bedtime thing that will be my biggest battle I fear.
Foolishly, I let her get accustomed to nursing to sleep. Seems to be the only way to get her to go to sleep and stay asleep. If we rock and I put her in her bed, shes up within 10 minutes and screaming. And on the rare occasion where Ive tried to instead give her regular foods, rice milk, juice or a distraction when she starts tugging on my shirt and fussing, it just throws her into the WORST tantrums. Face on the floor wailing like someone cut her legs off. I end up giving in because I feel so guilty.

Im halfway hoping my milk dries up here in the next month or so, and maybe she'll realize after a couple weeks that its useless and stop trying. That would save me the heartwrenching guilt of trying to skip nursing altoghether...kwim?
And I agree that the discomfort is starting to play a role now, also. The nipple soreness and the fact that she always wants and elbow or knee in my uterus does get old after a while. I think I will try calling a LLL consultant and see if they have recommendations.

We will probably be having our anatomical scan in the next 6 weeks or so...and I told my husband that Im really praying that seeing baby's face just for those few moments will help me bond a bit more. I've been trying to set aside some meditative time the past few days to connect with the fact that I AM pregnant...but it seems to still be difficult. Just got to keep trying I suppose!