Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
starrymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Birth Control (Minipill)/Milk Issues/Blue Cross Insurance/ Experience?

OK, so I'm on the "i'm on the minipill & i know it's now supposed to mess with your milk but it is!" wagon....

we have blue cross blue shield PPO (of Alabamba but administered in Virginia), which doesn't cover BCP's... Prior to switching to my hubby's insurance, I had BCBS of Virginia and my dr (his asst, of course) tried to get an auth for Mirena, to no avail. I got my 1st 3 months of bcp's $90 later...

I am wondering if anyone has experience possibly getting your insurance to consider an IUD (the dr's asst said at the time that some ins co's will cover one b/c it lasts so long that it can be considered a form of sterilization...). I mean.. I think it's a crock in the 1st place that they cover births & OB care.. but not contraceptives! I can go to the health dept to get pills or an IUD... and even though hubby's income puts me on the full fee scale, it's still at least 50% cheaper to go through them. (if it wasn't for knowing a lady though my grandparents who works there, I'd tell them me & DH split so I could get this thing in for cheap! lol)

I have very recently blown through my stash due to court dates (DD#1's dad is a hiney & is trying to uproot her from us, her sister, and school & we are having to deal with him appealing now so that means more court dates.. & with the wonderful judicial system, you have a court date just to SET the REAL court date!!) and my milk makers are NOT feeling the pump love!! I literally CANNOT leave her... ever ... at all.... I feed her on demand and I just feel like I can't risk being away if she needs "me" **my boobs**..

After reading on here about poop changes & fat (cream) on top... I realized that it wasn't just her getting older or my body adjusting to her getting older & producing different milk. I used to have TONS of nice think cream on top.. to the point that my grandmother actually pulled a bottle out of the fridge & told my grandpa if i'd start skimming it, maybe DD wouldn't be such a chunkster...and we'd have free butter.. She has (*TMI*) runny orange brown poo.... and I guess I thought, oh the seedy days are gone.. she's growing up....

Any advice that doesn't suggest condoms or NFP would be greatly appreciated!
*I got MARRIED to avoid the whole CONDOM thing... and I'm too forgetful for NFP... I have an ALARM on my cell that goes off at 9 EVERY NIGHT so I'll take my pill............ and I still forget more often than not!*

Advertisement

starrymomma is offline   Reply With Quote