Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: How Did You Beat Thrush?

My LO had a round of Nystatin which helped her but not me! I called my OB who then called in a script for me. It was an ointment that was three things combined- like $150 worth of meds (luckily ins covered)

I grabbed the bottle, but it doenst say what all is in it. It says BACT/BETA .1/NYSTATIN.

It worked AMAZINGLY. I got applied it at like 7 one night and by our 4am feeding it was remarkabley better.

goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

If you're having such issues with yeast, that means it is covering your insides & you have to kill it from the INSIDE:

like op's said: kefir, gse, garlic all work very well internally

also . . . Paud'Arco tea with caprylic acid (a special calcium magnesium supplement). These 2 are very inexpensive and are excellent yeast killers.

When the yeast dies, you will become . . .. gassy . . . . if you start feeling like you're getting the flu, slow down your doses because you're going thru a healing crisis: the yeast is dying faster than you can expel & it's causing a 'toxic' buildup that will wear your body down fast.

If you go to a health store & ask them for a candida cleanse, they will be able to help you.
homeschooling mum (d15, d13, d11, s8, s6) Surprise #6 due Aug 13!
Navy vet and wife to a ret. MARINE
Lend Me Your Pen: my kids's homeschooling Magazine project
madebytrudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

I third or fourth the Dr Jack Newman's nipple cream recommendation... check out his website for more info on thrush. you must must must treat BOTH of you simultaneously (my ped. said only baby needed treating -- BS! My ob/gyn gave me the prescriptions for me) along with boiling and washing everything... clothes, sheets, burp rags DAILY. Keep on top of it for a week and it should be gone.
ScrappyCat is offline   Reply With Quote