Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #51
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Time to wean? Says my DH. WTH?????

Whatever you do, don't seek to win the battle at the expense of losing the war... or better said, you'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #52
Registered Users
My Mood:

I guess I can't say much more than anyone else has said. Sounds like you've told him everything he has to know. I can tell you it took a while for my dh to warm up. He never objected but with our first he was kinda back seat. This time he says he wants our second bfing till she's three Our first self weaned at 19 months and it was a great process for both of us. At 6 months I feel a baby just really needs it.. the mommy milk and the bonding! Both are so important!! Also like other people referred to it's cold/flu season a terrible time to stop! I really believe bfing contributed to my children's good health!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #53
Registered Users

I also think that six months is TOO young to wean. I also agree that bfing is what I feel has contributed to my DD's health. (Only one cold and Zero stomach virusis even though Dh and I both had 2 horrible ones!)

With that being said I have ALWAYS gotten the When are you going to wean question. I always said I would nurse AT LEAST 1 year and maybe longer. Well here we are at 2 years and 2months and dd is STILL nursing.
Everytime dh brings it up we kinda get into it. He knows how I feel and he KNOWS all the GOOD about bfing but he still asks the question. Well actually I think he's learning that I"M making the decision as everytime he starts to ask I just cut him off or come back with, Ummm...her nursing is not messing with our lives OR her life in the least little bit. That shuts him up most of the time. it is really hard that we live in a society that thinks ff is Just as good as bf and that feels that seeing a booby will kill us if it's being used for what it was made for.

Good luck in your decision. I hope you continue, know that we are here for you! ((hugs))

Also, I'd stick to my guns and NOT pump more than I have too. There is no reason for you to be doing the HARD work just to make someone happy. Sorry but God gave you a baby and you the bm so that YOU could make that decision for your child NOT a guy who ONLY cares about what others think!!
Just my own 2cents there!
CHRISTmas Cards for EVERYONE!! Get them HERE and FAST!!
*I've made lots of DS mommas happy check out my Feedback!! I can do ANY custom design and work on ANY kind of pictures!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote