Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2006, 04:40 AM   #1
hauser
Registered Users
seller

surgery and cloth diaper question PLEASE HELP!!

My little one is having surgery at the end of August. He will be confined to his tummy for a bit afterwards. I need a good diaper solution for this!! I am thinking prefolds and side aplix covers? I needs to be easy too, becuase we are being sent to washington DC. WE will likely have to wash at the laundry mat!!

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Re: surgery and cloth diaper question PLEASE HELP!!

can anyone help please???????!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

I think I read some where that your DS had spinal bifida, maybe not, but I have a 5 year old half sister that had it. When she had her surgery, the docs had them lay her on an absorbent pad (like a puppy pad ) so the incision could breath better. She was only in a diaper at night time. Prefolds would work if that was what they had you do. The cover for G-Diapers is back aplix. Here is a link http://www.gdiapers.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=675449&osCsi d=2b201df415c9343889eb271f76bb59dd I have never used them, but know some moms use them with prefolds. HTH Sending your little one lots of .
Old 07-28-2006, 08:49 AM   #4
belladonna
Registered Users

I hope everything goes well.
I would check with the hospital, some won't let you use cloth, they want to weigh the wet diapers to be sure there's enough output. If you use cd's I think pf's & side wraps sound fine, you could change those with him laying on his tummy. Do you have any flats? Those would be the easiest to wash & dry, you wouldn't really have to do any special folds, just fold it into a big rectangle and lay it in the cover. Hang in there!!
belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Yes, he has spina bifida. He will wear dipes, with the back open or very loose. They should not have a problem with cloth. It is a military hospital, and in general they are really supportive of breastfeeding, cloth diapering etc. You know the less money they spend the better!!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:05 AM   #6
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the suggestions, I do have some flats!! I will look more into those gdipes. I have heard of mamas talking about them!! I planned on making some covers though. I can get more for my money that way!! I could buy one gdipe and use it as a pattern!! Whayever I do I need to decide quick!!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #7
christiansmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have any suggestions...just saw your ISO and wanted to let you know that I will be praying for your family, your sweet little guy and will add him to my church's prayer request list.