Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

You know you've got preggo brain when...

you go downstairs to the basement to get laundry at 7am and see 2 huge spiders (insert here: MAJOR phobia of spiders). Rather than using a shoe, an empty Tide bottle, or any number of things to kill them, you take the bleach and pour it on them.

God it smells awful now. *airs out house* Why didn't I just kill the ugly things with the darn bleach bottle itself?!

Advertisement

mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: You know you've got preggo brain when...

Sorry you were so freaked out mama! I am terrified of the large spiders! You know the ones that look like they are going to run at you? {Getting the jeebies as we speak}
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
totallymymakings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Screaming and running in fear. I am soooooo scared to spiders and mice. We live out in the county by lake Eire and needless to say DH checks out bedroom and basement every day for me I feel your pain Momma
Old 10-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haha. You are FAR braver than I am!

I would have run upstairs and grabbed my "spider cat" to eat them.. I wont go NEAR spiders.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

We have had these "wolf spiders" in the basement for the past couple weeks... and I do laundry down there. So... I keep telling myself if I kill one when I see it then at least I won't have to worry about THAT one crawling all over me in my sleep.

Yesterday between me and DH we killed 8 I think. But we just moved into this house and it was vacant for a year... what do we expect? Everybody else on the block has them too... DH wants to get it sprayed so I stop freaking out but I think it's a waste of money... I mean, they are spiders, they'll come back.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabyAaron View Post
I would have run upstairs and grabbed my "spider cat" to eat them.. I wont go NEAR spiders.
Ooooh, maybe I should get one of them DH comes home "what is that?" It's the spider sprayer you wanted! "meow..."
Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperingMama View Post
Sorry you were so freaked out mama! I am terrified of the large spiders! You know the ones that look like they are going to run at you? {Getting the jeebies as we speak}
These ones do run after ya. They are quick buggers too. I was reading about them and they are of course harmless to humans and actually kill all the other pests.... hmm, I have noticed there aren't any crickets down there anymore
Old 10-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would've thrown something at it LOL and most likely missed and it'd come attack me in my sleep wtg for at least trying to kill it lol
Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMama0607 View Post
I would've thrown something at it LOL and most likely missed and it'd come attack me in my sleep wtg for at least trying to kill it lol
LOL!! So I called DH and was like "we should get a spider killing cat." He was really quiet and was like "ok, as long as we keep the litter box in the basement... and I have to clean it out because you can't do that when pregnant I read."

I GET A KITTY!!!!! *evil laugh* so spiders are going to be so killed by its cuteness alone!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
totallymymakings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ya for the kitty My mom has a kitty that kills every bug that is in her house LOL She got a HUGE centipede last night it was 3 inch long. We have Wolf spiders here too. I kid you not we had one on the wall in our room dh hit it with his work boot we thought it was dead. NOPE he jump up and ran off I would not sleep in our room for a week LOL.