Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
Spencersmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bottle Question....

Is there a good bottle for bf babies with a shorter nipple? My LO can't "latch" onto the Avent or the playtex nursers, he gags because I think the nipple is just too long and he is not good with it and then when he gags he cries and won't take a bottle at all and won't calm down for a while..... I have two job interviews next week and am praying to get a part time job so he will have to take at least one bottle off and on any ideas? My one friend suggest the Elan? or something?

Advertisement

Spencersmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
bonniec_tn
Registered Users

Re: Bottle Question....

Im in the same boat. I am getting ready to try the first years breastflow bottle. Also the adiri breast bottle looks like it might work.
they have the breastflow at babiesrus and target. Im not sure where the adiri is sold but you can find them on ebay or at adiri.com
HTH! Let me know if you find something that works!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
xois
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

emerson is a preemie and at 4 weeks (37 weeks GA) she was taking a Dr. Browns wiht a number 1 nipple.

At 4 weeks, she was just over 4lbs...
Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
SimplyGreen
Registered Users
seller

Oue little guy went throught this, I think we tried almost 10 different bottles/nipples and he has only been able to take the adiri breastbottle (I ordered it from one step ahead, they are the cheapest) We tired a coupl of things, I was wasting so much pumped breastmilk that my husbad trained him to suck on a pacifer some before he would give him a bottle, kind of switch it up out of his mouth, Also he did not want to be held when he took it, my husband had to but him in his bouncy chair and take a few breaks with him, We did not introduce him to a bottle until he was almost 4 mnths old, so maybe that why, I don't know. We wish you luck!!!!
SimplyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote