Gabriel Wesley 36 26.28%
Gideon Wesley 13 9.49%
Gage Wesley 25 18.25%
Galen Wesley 12 8.76%
Garrett Wesley 30 21.90%
Garrick Wesley 3 2.19%
Graham Wesley 18 13.14%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #21
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: naming a baby boy after a namesake and....

Thanks all for voting so far!! Keep 'em coming!! The top three on our list are Gabriel, Garrett, and Gage. I really like Gideon, Galen, and Graham, but hubby wants Garrett...I found Garrick and thought it was so different. I like it...but I don't think well enough to name a child of mine...

and ladies!!!...I do not remember that Gage was the pet cemetery's kids name!!! Oh man!!! That makes me cringe!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!! LOL

I just love checking to see what has been voted on and read the comments! My first poll...lol

Advertisement

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #22
wittymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE Gideon. It means Great Warrior... such a strong name! Then again I am a HUGE Fan of Criminal minds and the main characters name is Peter Gideon but they call him Gideon lol. If I get prego with another boy this time around his name will be something Gideon. I just dont know a first name LOL.

Good luck with your hunt!! My whole familys (me,dh and the kids) our middles names are in abc order lol. .... ann (dd to be hopefully) bryant (ds1) charis (dd1) Dawn (me) earl (dh) Filip (ds2) We went out of our way to figure out an F name for him lol.

Okay good luck!!
wittymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #23
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittymomma
I LOVE Gideon. It means Great Warrior... such a strong name! Then again I am a HUGE Fan of Criminal minds and the main characters name is Peter Gideon but they call him Gideon lol. If I get prego with another boy this time around his name will be something Gideon. I just dont know a first name LOL.

Good luck with your hunt!! My whole familys (me,dh and the kids) our middles names are in abc order lol. .... ann (dd to be hopefully) bryant (ds1) charis (dd1) Dawn (me) earl (dh) Filip (ds2) We went out of our way to figure out an F name for him lol.

Okay good luck!!
Yes I know! That's one reason why I like that name! lol Gabriel mean a man of God. I also like any true crime show. I am currently in college working on my bachelors in Criminal Justice. We have been on the fostering side for awhile and now and my house is nearly full, so I am moving to the other side of it!! Thanks for your vote!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #24
A'smommy
Registered Users

partial to galen myself...it's my DH's name

also like gideon...had a friend from childbirth class named her baby gideon, but then the daycare started calling him "mac" (his last name is a Mc-name) cause she said it was "too hard" for the other kids to say his real name. whatever :eyeroll: at least they didn't mind the nickname; it kinda stuck.

we are thinking of doing the same thing with the initials if we have a boy...i think it's a great way to honor family and still be creative.

Congrats!
--K
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #25
NiamhWitch
Registered Users

My Mood:

I voted Gideon... but I also like Gage, Galen, and Garrett.
Niamh :stir: , wife to Gwyddion , mom to Seamus (01-24-07), TTC #2!
NiamhWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #26
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i voted galen....but i really like leland scott!!!! when i hear the name leland i picture a very handsome tall, blonde man with a beautifully structured face. he'd be born a looker and would grab all women by the pinky until he can grab a hand!!! LOL....it's a great name, he'd be a charmer for sure.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #27
cking_74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I voted for Garrett since that is my oldest boys name he just turned 11, we went the tradition route and my ex wanted the intials G.M since the oldest boy in his family has had those initials since way back. I didn't have a say in the middle name(Milton) but I insisted on picking the first name. I had a friend in HS that was named Garrett and loved his name so that is were I came up with it.
cking_74 is offline   Reply With Quote