Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fish oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by velouria View Post
I could have sworn flaxseed didn't contain omega 3s.

Nordic Naturals is a GREAT, high quality brand. I have a fish oil from Nordic Naturals - it's a lemon flavor. I haven't been able to take it since becoming PG, though, because I have pretty bad reflux and I can even taste the lemon-y oil. Everything makes me feel these days.....

I LOVED taking them, though. They really made a difference in how I felt. I also took a bottle of flaxseed in-between 2 bottles of fish oil and they just weren't the same.

ETA: I know that Nordic Naturals makes a fish oil for kids but we haven't tried them because they're not chewable. The kid needs to be old enough to swallow a pill... and my 3 year old just isn't there yet. LOL!
Flaxseed oil does contain omega 3s but in ALA form which means they have to go through some kind of change for our body to really use them as omega 3s. I am not an expert on this, but flaxseed oil is not as beneficial as fish oil.

The nordic naturals that we use for the kids is the DHA, which is chewable. I know not the exact same thing though.

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #12
talitha
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My sister uses a brand of fish oil for kids made by Carlson brand. There is also this one I came across the other day on Dr. Sears site:

http://www.drsearsfamilyapproved.com...asp?id=2&bc=no

I'll probably get the Carlson brand for my son next paycheck though because I can get it at the local healthfood store. I will mix it his morning "cocktail" Every morning I put about an inch of OJ, same amount of water, probiotics, and vitamins.

I take fish oil capsules and have never had a fishy taste or burp from them. I also read that flax seed isn't as beneficial for you as fish oil, something about the way it is processed. Still good for you though.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 AM   #13
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So which would they sell at wholefoods?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #14
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about whole foods but my pharmacy carries an orange chewable omega 3 for kids... smart squirts...
http://www.smartsquirts.com/main.php
Old 10-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #15
weddell
Registered Users
seller

I just bought dd the nordic naturals junior omega 3,6,9 capsules. They are fish oil and say they are for ages 5 and up. The bottle says to take 2 a day, but dd is only 2 years old, so I have just been giving her one. They are lemon flavored and the bottle says that they are chewable. They are oil filled capsules, but you can chew them or poke a hold in one and mix it with other food (or of course swallow them). DD really likes them, but I haven't tasted one.
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #16
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get the fish oil gelcaps, pierce a hold in the end and squeeze it into ds's mouth. He loves it!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #17
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nordic Naturals is what we take and my dh recommends and sells to his patients. Carlson's is another good brand. Buddy Bears is a new brand that has some chewable (like flinstones) fish oils. My dh tried one and says it was disgusting but my kids love them.
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote