Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #11
wanamingomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Repeat C-section?

Yeah, I had no idea was a c-section was like before I had one. No one ever really explains all that to you. And "A Baby Story" make everything so sugar coated.

Thanks for all the good wishes, mama's. Only 2 weeks to go until my first appt...

Advertisement

wanamingomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:32 PM   #12
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I haven't had my repeat c-section yet, but it is comming up in less then 3 weeks (August 14th) for me the decision is still swaying but I know I would be extremly dissapointed if I tried for a VBAC and failed. I don't think I could handle the recovery and take care of a toddler. from what people have said who have had a repeat, the recovery is so much easier then having a c-section after many hours of labour, and with my history I am a good candidate for a repeat c-section.
But with all of that said, if our baby girl decided to come tomorrow I will try for a VBAC in hopes that she is smaller then my son was.

I think this is a hard decision to make and you just have to make the one you wont regret.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 AM   #13
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I had a repeat c-sec this time and it was soooo much better than the first c-sec. It was nice being able to plan care for my other children and the recovery was at least 10 times easier than my first c. If vbac was an option I would have tried, but they are simply not allowed here.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:04 PM   #14
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had a c-section and then vaginal delivery with my second. The C-section was by far easier for me. I wanted a vaginal delivery with the second because I had heard the recovery time was less and I had a toddler to look after. Well, for me the recovery from the vaginal delivery was much more uncomfortable. I think that just like most other things, it depends upon what your exact circumstances are. Either way could be lovely, and either way could be a bad experience. You should make the decision based on your medical needs and your own feelings about it. Noone can really predict what will work for you.
Marielblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 AM   #15
wanamingomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm beginning to think that a repeat c is the better option. Just because it's what I know. I know more what to expect. By doing a Vbac, I may end up with a c anyway. And w/vbac, there are probably a whole bunch of other things to heal, like an episiotomy. yuck. I think pain in the lower ab. would be easier to handle than pain from a healing episiotomy. And the later would be harder to keep clean and care for, just my thought. I've heard of women having to sit on donuts for 6 months post pardum because of that healing. Anyway, one more week to go until I finally get to see the dr. It seems like it take forever for them to want to see you.
Thanks for all the great posts, mama's. Keep 'em coming!
wanamingomommy is offline   Reply With Quote