Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #21
vienna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: which bottles for pumped milk?

We rarely use bottles, but the ones that work great for us are Mam Ultivent and Premium Playtex Nursers.

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #22
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Like so many pp said, your baby will probably decide what bottles you use! My first hated the Ventaire, kind of like the Medela/Nuk ones and loved Avent. So we ended up with only Avent for daycare. Second one comes along (and she has a small mouth) and she absolutely refused the Avent. She also refused the Playtex, Gerber classic, the Naturalatch one, plus another one that had a large nipple -they were just too big for her. So, we ended up w/ the Medela and glass Evenflo w/ the Nuk nipples (she hated the "traditional" long skinny nipple shape, but loves that weird angled nipple. She also will only take the Nuk pacifiers (same shape). I'm not sure why the LC would say Avent are the worst when Avent actually has several studies that show they are one of the best for breastfed babies. Just get one or two of several varieties and let the baby decide.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #23
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I guess I am in th minority here but I spent tonz on the playtex drop in systems and then the ventair ones. To only find out DS LOVES the regular gerber bottles yup thats right gerber, I was shocked but he was happy!
Old 07-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #24
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

I love my AVENT bottles. Now that DS is a toddler I pump into the bottle or sippy cup and he drinks from them both with a sippy spout. Of course, this requires an AVENT pump.

I would have loved to try one of the other brands you listed. We only have problems with one (out of 14) our bottles leaking though. But I bought it used.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #25
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalynn
When I was having a hard time finding a good bottle for DD I did see these bottles on www.onestepahead.com that are actually shaped like a breast, the whole bottle is, not just the nipple. I was going to try them if avent didn't work, but thankfully they did.
They are called the breastbottle, kinda cool I thought!
We tried one of these too...what a PITA to fill though and keep the milk warm for an infant! I really wish they had worked for us though!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #26
Gloria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we use the playtex with bags with the orthodontic nipples. We tried the natural latch nipples but ds wasnt interested. We never had any problem going from breast to bottle either. I like the playtex ones cause they are so convenient as far as *knowing* the bottle is clean when you dont have a sink. Plus you can push the air out of them
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #27
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Our little Taci,is a die hard boobaholic. After trying all of the expensive bottles(including the breastbottle)we found out she likes the newborn GERBERS.
Of course it figures,we spend a ton of money on bottles and she likes the ones that cost less the $1
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:25 AM   #28
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

We went through a bunch of bottles/nipples. I had a bunch of avent bottles from my cousin but dd wouldnít take them. We had bigtime latch issues so my lc wanted me to get her to use them Ė or at least a bottle with a wide mouth bip.

At first she only used medela bottles/nipples and then switched. I do see a BIG difference in her latch when she uses the medela nipples vs avent. One bottle we tried that is really awesome is the breastflow by first years. Itís a 2part nipple Ė hard inner and soft outer that is large.

If youíre breastfeeding, do stay with the newborn nipple as long as possible so they donít get used to the faster flow and reject the breast later. Its not aproblem for everyone of course, but can be for some/many and easier to avoid rather than fix. DD is 9mo and is still using the newborn nips- my breasts donít change flow rate so neither should her bottles!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:20 AM   #29
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

We used Playtex Ventair when I went back to work with NO problems. I always used the Stage 1 (newborn) nipple so she would not get a lazy suck

She no longer takes a bottle, but we are still nursing at 17 months!
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote