Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
mysweetboys
Registered Users

Re: tight foreskin - 3 y.o.

Not PTing now - he's been PT for over a year now.

Advertisement

mysweetboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #12
House of Blue
Registered Users
seller

My 7 year old isn't retracted yet and that is completely normal according to our family Dr. and his ped. We live in a very intact friendly area (is that even a term?? ) where Dr.'s are familir with proper foreskin care. In contrast, one of my 3 yr olds is retracted, this is also completely normal

But, I do have the frequent peeing problem with one of my twins. He turned 3 in April and was PT'd since about May. The past month or so he's been peeing VERY frequently (sometimes once an hour and he ends up wetting himself several times a day) and wets his bed just about every single night. We have an appointment for him shortly to see if there is a medical problem. I'll be interested to here what our Dr. says.
House of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:23 AM   #13
mysweetboys
Registered Users

Hmmmm... House of Blue, we live in the same city, but I certainly haven't felt that all the Dr.'s I've dealt with are knowledgeable about foreskin care. This is at least the 3rd time where a Dr. has moved the foreskin at least a bit when I've taken DS#1 in for something related to penis/pee issues. And there are still a lot of people around here circing just because the dad is circed. Thus, my hesitance to get a 2nd opinion whether from my family Dr. or urologist (which would mean seeing family Dr. first anyway). Not sure if I could get a referral to the Ped for an opinion since they're pretty sticky about that here, and then if she wasn't sure she'd end up sending him on to someone else anyway...

I'd be interested to know what your Dr. says about your DS peeing so frequently too. My DS is often peeing every 15-20 minutes!
mysweetboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #14
House of Blue
Registered Users
seller

I've had DS#4 at the ER w/ a fever at 2 weeks old and 1 nurse tried to insert a catheter for a clean urine sample and stopped b/c she was afraid she would move his foreskin, she asked another nurse who had the same problem so she got Dr. Ahmed to try who coulnd't and they had to call Dr. Madin in who was able to do it. One of my twins was hospitalized when he was 18 months for pneumonia. They also wanted a sterile urine sample and there was very similar care taken to not retract his foreskin by the ped. staff. We have had our Family Dr. for 4 years now and she's done all the well baby visits and although I'm not really fond of my Dr. for many reasons, she at least knows about proper foreskin care I've really found that to be a commonality in the city w/ the Dr.s my kids have been exposed to as wall as family and friends who have children who are intact.

If you want to PM me the name of your Dr. I may be able to give you some insight to your problem W/ all the mdical issues we have had between me nd the kids I may be able to help you out b/c I swear I've met every Dr. at least once
Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #15
House of Blue
Registered Users
seller

OK, this is now officially bugging me

I have regular contact with the public health nurse who heads up Healthy babies and I also see Marg Peterson weekly (she heads up infant development for the area). I see Marg on Tuesdays and feel I need to pass on the Dr.'s name so his misinformation is halted. She's the one that developed the nipissing district developmental screen... So she circulates information to clinics and Dr.'s on a regular basis anyway. IF she's not able to, I could contact the nurse from Healthy Babies who would be happy to do that.