Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
Leslieann
Registered Users
seller

WWYD

I just saw a dipe that I sold on fsot last month and the seller is asking ALOT more than they paid. Should I pm them and point that out?

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Re: WWYD

No. Once someone purchases something, they are free to do with it what they will, whether we like it or not.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
onelil2lil3lilpiglets
Banned
seller

My Mood:

you know, its up to you...i just had seen a custom i got done a while back try to sell for double what i paid for it originally!! LOL honestly it didn't bother me...if they can get more for it more power too them...i just sent the mom an e-mail saying 'just wanted to let you know when i had that done i paid ______ for it new, so if no one buys it at the price you have it listed for that may be why...not trying to be witchy or anything, and if you can get that much for it by all means, just wanted to let you know ' and left it at that

imo its theirs to do what they wish with after you sell it...but that's just my opinion...
onelil2lil3lilpiglets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
MommytoJandS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
No. Once someone purchases something, they are free to do with it what they will, whether we like it or not.
MommytoJandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
myr44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sucks of the mama, but there's not much you can do... You could always post in her FSOT thread and ask "hey is this the cover I sold you for xx?"
Maybe she forgot how much she had paid for it?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myr44 View Post
That sucks of the mama, but there's not much you can do... You could always post in her FSOT thread and ask "hey is this the cover I sold you for xx?"
Maybe she forgot how much she had paid for it?
Oh, boy, that might be construed as mean, A PM would be nicer, and nothing says she is actually going to sell it for that, maybe she is going by the "I'll mark it up so they can offer less rule" Or maybe the diaper is worth that much and she is really in need of the money.
Sorry but I agree with PP that once it is sold, they can try to resell it for anything they want.
It has happened to me many times, not with diapers, but other things I sold, I was just kicking myself because I didn't know what it was actually worth, or where to sell it to get top dollar. GL and don't worry about it.

240/2014

Last edited by greenMImama; 10-12-2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #7
onelil2lil3lilpiglets
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenMImama View Post
Oh, boy, that might be constured as mean, A PM would be nicer, and nothing says she is actually going to sell it for that, maybe she is going by the "I'll mark it up so they can offer less rule" Or maybe the diaper is worth that much and he is really in need of the money.
Sorry but I agree with PP that once it is sold, they can try to resell it for anything they want.
It has happened to me many times, not with diapers, but other things I sold, I was just kicking myself because I didn't know what it was actually worth, or where to sell it to get top dollar. GL and don't worry about it.
i wouldn't post in the thread either...
onelil2lil3lilpiglets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
kecmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IME it will probably sit FSOT until it comes down in price. Selling is slow for many right now and it's only the best deals or highly desired items that are selling quckly.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

ITA with LJ but... this happend to me too recently, I saw a mama selling something for quite a bit (I think it was $15ppd) that I had given away FFS and that bothered me. I didn't say anything to her though because I couldn't remember if it was her I sold it to or someone else, and even if it was her I probably wouldn't have pm'd her because it's not my business, but I can't help being a little irked.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can see where I would be bothered if someone listed a FFS item on FSOT. That's why I can't wait for the M2M section to open
But, you sold it for what you wanted for it. So I don't think there's a place for you to say anything now. Just my