Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
Mama2Kayden+Carson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
To TTC or to not TTC....

I have 2 DS, and we want one more baby. I want to have them closer in age, though I'm not sure how close. I can't decide when to start trying to TTC. Dh says he's ready whenever I am. Carson is almost 7 months. What do you think the perfect age difference is? Am a crazy for thinking about TTC again this soon?

Advertisement

Mama2Kayden+Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
ms_hecubus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: To TTC or to not TTC....

I read somewhere that either really close or really far apart is best. At least there is supposed to be less sibling rivalry that way. Who know though?

Do what you feel is best for you. If I decide to have another baby I'll be TTC before my daughter is a year because I'm almost 35.
ms_hecubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

when in doubt ..wait

we chose to have our kids spaced 2 years apart, it is both hard and easy if that makes sense, they don't really get jealous of eachother, but its difficult to give one on one quality time to each. my kids are 4 yrs, 2 yrs and now an almost 3 week old, i am told things will get easier.
goodluck in whatever you decide mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #4
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I would say wait. Think about it. . . . if you were to conceive next month on the first try your son would just be 18months old when the baby comes. Not entirely verbal, not trustworthy to be in a room by himself for more than 30seconds without destroying something, will still need to be carried or put in a stroller, etc etc etc. He will still be a baby and need you a lot! And are you still nursing? Did you know that at some point during the pregnancy, most likely you will dry up and there will be nothing for him?? I'm saying this is what would influence MY decision, but you should make your decision based on what you think you should do obviously. I just think he's really young to be giving up so much of his mama time to a sibling. And you'd be stretching yourself pretty thin having 2 so close together plus an older child. I think it might be doable with two children 18months apart but with an older child that isn't much bigger, you would be hard pressed to do much but stay home. Being out in public may prove too much for you. Just think about it a while beforeyou make a decision. Maybe borrow a friend's infant or 2 year old just to see how it is with 3 and what the logistics are of two close in age. Best of luck mama! You are definitely braver than i.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
LaQuetta
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a question. I read in a one of my textbooks that a woman should wait two years between pregnancies because of all the stress pregnancy puts on the body. Has anyone else heard this? I'll try to find the book and post the name of it.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
momma_c
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter and son are thirteen months apart, and my sons will be around eighteen months apart. I wouldn't have it any other way.
momma_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

My boys are all just over a year apart. I absolutely love it, and would not have it any other way. We are currently TTC [ although I would call it more "not preventing" since we can't do much else since I am breastfeeding ] and my Carson is only 5 months old

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My kids are all about a year apart and WE LOVE i!

9, 7, 6, 4, 3, 2, 3 mos

we are considering TTC already too
Actually might have worked last night....
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote