Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
38 wk update..eviction date set.

Well I finally agreed to an induction date last week when I meet with my favorite midwife at my 38wk appointment. We decided on 39wks 6days since that is really the only time I know I will have someone here to look after Nathan. My mom is coming up from Washington,DC on the evening of the 20th and we need one day to go over our routine then if Zoey has not shown up yet we will induce with Pit on Monday 10/22/07.

But my midwife doesn't think Zoey will wait that long anyways! HAHA I asked her to check me and I was 3-4 centimeters (very stretchy) and 50% effaced. She said I should pack my bags and I might be in either this weekend or at the latest next weekend, which would be on par with what happened with Nathan. If its not this week and I make it to next week I am having them strip my membrains again. I'm really really hoping and praying she comes out on her own and I can labor at home for as long as possible and just get to the hospital to push her out to prevent any interventions, unless needed. I had her strip my membrains too just to see if things could get moving along...and well...nothing has happened. Little to know discharge..ugh...not even a single drop of pink I guess she is still not ready yet...still cooking. ANd thats ok I guess she just wants to cook a little longer.

I just hope its not too long...I really do not want to be stuck to an iv with pit. drip...ugh. At least i know at my hospital I can also walk around b/c they have wireless telematry all over the maternity ward so I won't be stuck in bed but I will still have continuous fetal mointering and can move around in and out of the tub as I please..yaya for that!

I know most people at this point have lows...unfortunately for me my resistance and carbohydrate intolence is actually getting higher instead of lower! UGH...I hit an all time record yesterday...305 units! Holly crap..and I was eating GOOD that day...not too much junk food..just some cookies but I had to give myself almost a 1:1 ratio with carbs! (meaning 1 unit of insulin for every 1 unit of carb I consum!!) UGH! Am I the only one with this issue? I hope not?? I have had this insane fear in my mind that getting pregnant again would put such stress on my body that whatever islet cells I had left would just well die from the stress ...and now...well maybe its happened??? Maybe I have no become a type 1 diabetic?? DH thinks I'm just being negative and letting my fears take over...that its just the crazy pregnancy hormones taking over and once the baby is born and I loose all my 'extra' weight ..I don't know though..only time will tell.

Otherwise everything is good...gain is still just bearly under 20lbs but I am pretty happy with it...Sorry for the long post. I hope everyone else is doing well! I'll try to catch up this week.

Take care,

bila75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
My Mood:
Re: 38 wk update..eviction date set.

Hope you get going on your own before then , but if not then good luck with the induction
Rachel, wife mother crocheter

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote