Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: when do You pack the bag?

I didn't get a chance with my DD. I was going to pack it after my 35 week appointment, but was admitted to the hospital that day. I did get a few hours to run home though, so I kinda threw things in. I was in the hospital for a week before an emergency C-section, so my hubby went back home a few times to get some stuff (an hour away from the hospital). We hadn't even picked up the car seat yet!

With my DS, I packed my bag immediately after being put on strict bedrest. When I went in to the hospital at 35 weeks, I brought the bag, but was sent home. A few days later, when I was re-admitted, I brought the bag, but didn't have the camera and had to send my SIL to my house to get it. Thank GOD she was only a few minutes away from my house because my son's delivery was even more of an emergency c-section than my daughter.

Amanda S Mom to Mikayla & Bryson
David Shane 8/1/08
AmandaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #12
Registered Users

With my last it was a planned home birth....but you are supposed to have a hospital bag packed just in case. I packed while in early labour. (I was 9 days over at that point)

Sarah Jane - DD 03/01 ~ DD 08/04 ~ DD 05/07
SJwith2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
sharleen (DCDiapers)
Registered Users
My Mood:

Wow you are all so prepared! I feel silly now
Baby #3 I started packing at 8 days After my due date when the dr said I could be induced.... I went home and started packing. ( I had the baby bag somewhat packed but not all the way) so I finished packing that bag, and threw a few things into my bag. I had a list though.

Then that night I went into labor on my own and it was soooo fast I did not have time to finish packing and we lost the list in all the chaos at 2 am.

I think this time I will be a bit more prepared... maybe I will even have one packed at 35 weeks for when we travel for Christmas (just in case).

Anyone wanna come pack for me? I am the worst at packing... I either over pack, or forget everything important.
WAHM to 3 boys ages, 5, 4, 3, baby girl 18 months, baby in heaven April14th 09, and baby due January 18th.
sharleen (DCDiapers) is offline   Reply With Quote