Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

asthma

Mamas, anyone else battling asthma with their pregnancy? I'm 35 weeks and feel like I can barely get a breath. Normally I'm hardly symptomatic and I'm not afraid of an attack, just everyday-everymoment difficulties.

My DH seems not to notice or care.

Tips? Thoughts? How do you deal with your asthma during pregnancy?

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: asthma

I also have asthma though it rarely ever bothers me unless someone is smoking a cigarette near me, during extreme cold or humidity, and a few other things. But- while I'm pregnant my asthma instantly gets worse. I am only 12 weeks pregnant right now and I can already feel it coming on. When I was pregnant with DD my asthma got so bad I was using my albuterol inhaler everyday and it really wasn't helping much. I ended up in Urgent Care one day and I knew I had to do something different. My Doc prescribed Pulmicort which is a dry-powder inhaler that I had to use every day. It is also a Class B for pregnancy which made me feel comfortable using it. Once I started using that- my breathing greatly improved over the next week and I rarely had a problem for the rest of my pregnancy. Once I gave birth to my DD- my breathing went back to normal like it was during pre-pregnancy. As I said before I am pregnant again and the asthma is back!

I would go to the Doc and ask for a prescription medication of some type. I know it really helped me! Good luck Mama....
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: asthma

I was never diagnosed with asthma before pregnancy. However, after I got pregnant this time, I noticed that I was wheezing ALOT. My OB thought maybe I had bronchitis, but even after several rounds of antibiotics, the wheezing continued. I went to the ER several weeks ago for a rough of IV fluids and the ER doctor was surprised that my doctor had let me go 2+ months wheezing the way I was without proper treatment. I was prescribed an inhaler, but my insurance wouldn't cover it from an ER doctor. Finally got a script for a new inhaler from my OB a few days ago, just waiting pre-auth on it. It seems to get worse when the weather changes down here, my chest starts to rattle and I can't breathe. Fortunately for me, my 2 yr. old has asthma and we own a nebulizer so my dr. gave me the OK to use his nebulizer w/Albuterol as needed until I get my inhaler.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote