Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #11
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did you EBF?

I nursed DD till she was 27 months old. I first offered her cereal at four months old but she really wasn't interested so I didn't bother again until she was six months old and then I just skipped the cereal.

DS is still nursing (almost 11 months old). He first started on solids at about five months old. I had planned to wait longer but he started screaming at us every time he saw us eating. He was showing every readiness sign and getting very mad that we were eating and he wasn't.

Advertisement

navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #12
dessismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I EBF till 9.25 months; then introduced some fruits, veggies about once a day. Now he eats food about once a day... I would have wanted to wait longer but he started stealing food from our plates and gobbling it down...
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:16 AM   #13
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD is 6 months and she is showing interest in solids but she has only eat sweet potatoes and some cereals. She just really only tasted them though. She maybe gets a taste here and there when we are eating but we aren't serious a/b solids yet. I feel like she doesn't nurse enough now, so I am afraid she will slack off and babies don't need food until after their first year. BM (breast milk) is the best thing babies can eat so I'm holding off as long as possible!!!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:00 AM   #14
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first was only EBF for 4 months the poor child. My second was fed cheerios by her brother at 6 months and after that was snatching everything. My 3rd started table foods at 8 months, but he was QUITE small and we were trying to add some bulk to him. My youngest was offered foods at 9 months, but had no interest at all until 11 months and now at 18 months still gets most of his "food" from mama milk, he does eat 2 snacks a day now- but he's a year and a half and 30lbs!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:39 AM   #15
bgjmhg03
Registered Users
seller

My DD was EBF until 6 mos when we started introducing solids b/c our ped pressured us to. However, she was not interested or ready yet. She never liked baby food, so for all practical purposes she didn't start on solids until about 9 mos when she could eat soft mushy carrot pieces and peas and things like that. She is still breastfeeding at 21 mos, but she eats everything now. I think she was over a year old before she ate solids consisitently, though. The next baby I am definitely not going to stress about solids. I will just offer them when I think he/she is ready and if they refuse, I will wait awhile and then offer again.
bgjmhg03 is offline   Reply With Quote