Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #111
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the great Diaperswappers "lovey" duplicator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadoni View Post
This is a great idea When I was pregnant with DS my SIL told me, "whatever ends up being the baby's lovey you must try to find at least one more." Her son had a duck that she never found a duplicate for and had to repair many times. DS ended up loving a little dog from Ty that my mom had gotten him ("Wiffer"). His first Christmas he got 2 more Wiffers. I rotated them out for a long time, and usually before trading I'd sleep with the one I was going to give to him so it would have my 'scent'. He's 4 now and has all three of them in his room. Sometimes he sleeps with all 3, but usually just one. They are all still in very good condition.

It appears my girls have each attached themselves to the blanket animals they received as gifts. They are both made by a company called Bunnies By The Bay. Here is Lydia's bunny:

and Madelyn's Froggy:

Lydia likes to rub the bunny fur while Madelyn prefers to hold onto the blanket part. I haven't found a store near us that sells them, but there is one where my parent's live so I think these will be on their Birthday or Christmas with lists this year.

We have a store here that carries these..let me know if you need one!

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #112
Rannensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD won't let me take a picture of lovey, I'll have to get it when she's asleep. Its a Carter's Child of mine plush giraffe with a rattle inside. He has blue hooves and dots on his yellow body.
We recently had a lost lovey scare. Left him at the Dr. office.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #113
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm fortunate that both my kids latched on to blankies..I don't know how I will replace DD's cause her's was made by my grandmother's friend who is in ill health now, but DS's was made by my best friend who can make a duplicate if needed..

That and Bitty Baby Blankies, but I have 2 of those for him so we are ok..
Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #114
Meg678
Registered Users
seller

I have been desperatly looking for a "replacement" for my daughter's lovey. It's a "Peopl'e Pals" white tiger, aka "Kitty" that I haven't been able to find anywhere. She won't sleep without it. My son's lovey is a blanket from Carters that he won't sleep or go out of the house without. It might still be at Carters but I wouldn't mind getting a used one.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #115
GShygirl78
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SAHM
GShygirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #116
Janiceandscott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My LO loves her lovey bear by Just One Year. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find another one. If you have one please let me know
Janiceandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #117
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

what an awsme idea we have been trying to find a new "woobie" for a long long time. it was a gift when she was born and I introduced it while bfing when she was about 4mo old to kinda give her some comfort while she slept alone... it worked a little too well lol. I will take a pic of him and be back to update

ok heres DD with Woobie

heres his face

and heres his butt showing a little emboidery that I can only suppose is a brand name, it says my 1st... and the tag where we have replaced about a bazillion times

Last edited by icanonlyimagine; 10-24-2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: adding pics
icanonlyimagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #118
Rannensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is DD's lovey (not the actual one of course) [URL="http://item.express.ebay.com/Toys-Hobbies_Baby-Toys__CHILD-OF-MINE-Giraffe-Rattle-Plush-Crib-Toy-Carters_W0QQitemZ170147487638QQihZ007QQddnZToysQ20 Q26Q20HobbiesQQadnZBabyQ20ToysQQptdiZ878QQddiZ1290 QQcmdZExpressItem[/URL]
It's discontinued apparently and very hard to find. My sister got it for $6 last Christmas and now I can't find it for cheaper than $18. We've had one lost lovey scare and I can't bear another one, but I'm not sure I can make myself pay 3x what it's worth
Old 10-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #119
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannensmom View Post
This is DD's lovey (not the actual one of course) [URL="http://item.express.ebay.com/Toys-Hobbies_Baby-Toys__CHILD-OF-MINE-Giraffe-Rattle-Plush-Crib-Toy-Carters_W0QQitemZ170147487638QQihZ007QQddnZToysQ20 Q26Q20HobbiesQQadnZBabyQ20ToysQQptdiZ878QQddiZ1290 QQcmdZExpressItem[/URL]
It's discontinued apparently and very hard to find. My sister got it for $6 last Christmas and now I can't find it for cheaper than $18. We've had one lost lovey scare and I can't bear another one, but I'm not sure I can make myself pay 3x what it's worth
Your pic isn't showing, this sounds familiar to a giraffe we have but I cant take a pic for you cause ds is sleeping and it is in his room (somewhere ) if you can get your pic to show I'll tell you if it is the same
Old 10-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #120
whalvo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this is a long shot, but I had to post this. My dd decided to love the most expensive blanket we have. My G-ma got this for her, and I looked around for a second/replacement and found out they cost $60! AAHH! She won't sleep with any other blanket.

This is a Little Giraffe Chenille Blanket Original in white. I'm not sure if she's like another color since I haven't tried one, but I would assume so. White was not the best choice. At 11 months it's already turning gray.

Sorry about the huge pic

If anyone knows where I can get one cheap, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by whalvo; 10-28-2007 at 05:40 PM.
whalvo is offline   Reply With Quote