Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #21
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bladder infections 3 in one year

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bamamom* View Post
I see.. I was just thinking a fever but didn't know if she got stinky pee or no pee or something else... The only way I knew with my girls was because they would complain that it hurt during urination (they were older though)... Man, makes me wonder if they could have had a BI in toddler years and I just didn't think about it because Lord knows they had a few occasions with just a fever and no other signs of sickness.. I'm so much more observant this time around! LOL! Thanks for sharing though, I hope your precious one feels better soon bless her heart..
You know now that I look back two days ago I just stripped her diapers because I thought her morning diaper smelled funky. And it didn't even hit me then and we never have stink issues so I just assumed we got hit by the stinkies but now this makes perfect sense. So yes there was an odor for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto5 View Post
momma! I know what you are going through. My dd gets those too. We are supposed to have her tested each time she runs a fever b/c she does have the kidney reflux that usually causes them. Then if she gets one it tends to trigger her seizures. Since we have her on seizure meds then I usually don't take her in I just push cranberry juice. We have an mild antibiotic but she refuses to take it. I can't even hide it in anything. Anyway I only give her showers, of course give her cranberry juice, give her alot of yogurt and change her often. I also give her crackers to chew on so it keeps her stool firmer. I like the banana suggestion as well. I also use fleece/microfleece liners in her diapers. Even if her stools are soft the liners tend to keep it more confined then the regular ones. Just a suggestion. Good luck and I sure hope that she outgrows them soon. Did you see a urologist when they did the tests?
Aghhh it is awful you totally know. When they did the test we went to the urologist in the children's hospital through a referral from our doctor. Everything came back totally normal. Which is stumping to me. But now that it's her third one they will probably test her again. You know I did give her baths no bubbles but still the shampoo etc has to just get in there. Plus we have well water which now just makes me think we "need" to really get it tested and we will. The microfleece liners is a good suggestion that does tend to contain things better. Thanks so much!

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #22
KatiesMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't have time to read all the posts but have you considered Elimination Communication. Bowel Movements are usually easy to spot in a baby and once you learn her signs you could just put her on the potty when she starts to go.

We started when DD was about seven months old. We haven't changed a poopy dipe in months.

for you and your daughter. Bladder infections are not fun. How did you know to have the doctor check for bladder infections? I always worry about things like that since DD can't talk yet.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #23
hellomrzebranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you sure to wipe her front to back every time? Bacteria could get in her urethra if you wipe the opposite way.
hellomrzebranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #24
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomrzebranes View Post
Are you sure to wipe her front to back every time? Bacteria could get in her urethra if you wipe the opposite way.
Of course... like I said she is my third daughter. That's why I'm so stumped over this.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #25
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I meant to post the otherday but DS was acting up. My niece has had horrible UTI her whole life. She is 10 and just recently was able to finally get in the Riley's childrens hospital. They did all the tests, etc and couldn't find anything physically wrong so they did an elimination thing w/ her. While she stoped everything she didn't have a problem for the first time her whole life. Well, my SIL is an idiot and so self absorbed that she took her off the diet b/c it was too inconvient for her and now she has them again and is on antibiotics again. Anyway, they were supposed to cut a list off stuff out of her diet for about 1 month and then reintroduce them I *think* a week at a time
So here you go you can try if you want

Elimination diet:
No drinks: Orange, lemonade, capri sun, sunny delight, nothing carbonated, nothing w/ artifical colors (koolaid, Hawaiian punch) Esp. Purple, red, blue, or orange dyes. Nothing citric (orange, lemon, grapefruit...) Avoid vitamins w/ artifical colors and/or vitamin C, avoid milk and milk products after noon. No after dinner ice cream, no heavy sugared foods or candy.

The ok to have list (much shorter):
1 decaf soda per week
water
cranberry juice
nectars
apple
natural juices w/o citric or artifical additives
gatorade original or rain
juicy juice
any flavored waters
chocolate flavored milk if you use nesquick powder

So, there you go. Try if you want. I know some of these won't really fit b/c she's still pretty young, the milk part will probably be a little difficult but that shouldn't affect things too much.
Hope you get it figured out, I do not think it is the CD's b/c she has had them her whole life and she always wore sposies. Also, I would cut out the baths all together and see how that helps. If you do give her a bath don't use any soap at all, then when you wash her hair have her do it at the end and don't let her sit in the water or go ahead and drain it.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #26
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Melissa that's great info!!

She had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics they gave her and we had to go to the ER Saturday night. She looked like she had chicken pox all over. It's starting to get a little better now. What an ordeal.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 AM   #27
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

oh no! and hope it clears up soon, not much fun at all!
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:31 AM   #28
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much!!