Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BAD bloody nose**UPDATE**

**Ok so DD had her appointment today with the ENT doc. There were a lot of funny things going up her nose and vaccumes sucking stuff out . He was not real good with communication, but he was nice. He said that her blood vessels are VERY close to the surface of her skin. So he went in and cauterized (sp?) her nose . Now the inside is all black, but it only hurt for a little bit. I think the nurses there when I made the appointment thought I was over reacting. Like I was bringing her in for a LITTLE bloody nose. They were shocked when I brought her in and her face was covered in blood smears. So hopefully it will be ok. I think she just might end up being one of those kids who always gets bloody noses. Thank you for the support **

So my daughter has a chronic (sp?) bloody nose. She is 5 months and has had it ever since she was about 6 weeks. It started out that she would just have bloody boogies (big ones). The blood would be brown (old blood) and would never run from her nose. I asked my docs nurse and she said it was probably dry cracked skin in her nose. Makes sense! We got a vaporizer and put it next to her bed. We try to keep the room as dust free as possible. It just never got better though. In fact it started to get worse. She started to every once and a while get a little pool of bright red blood in her nostril. Then about twoish weeks ago (I also posted about this issue) she started to spit up blood. When I took her to the docs he said that since there was litterally nothing else wrong with her she was probably swallowing the blood from her nose and spitting it back up. He did not want to subject her to a scope down her nose (thank goodness) so he said just keep an eye on it. If it doesn't go away in a week or so take her to an ENT doc. Last week they started getting worse. She still spits up blood every now and again, but she started to have more pools of bright red blood and over the past couple of days runny (not gushing) bloody noses.

Could this simply just be chronic bloody noses and nothing else?

Anyone else have this happen?

She is going to the ENT doc this week I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what this could be.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by Toby_99833; 10-29-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Toby_99833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: BAD bloody nose

i've never heard of this, i am sorry mama and i hope whatever is causing it is easily fixed
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
maggie_may
Happy Knits
seller

My Mood:

Holy moly, mama! That's kinda scary. I'm never heard of baby nose bleeds. I hope you find out what's causing it. Good luck!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

My son and I don't produce much mucus so our noses are always very dry and bleed easily. If the doctor okays it, I would suggest trying to give her cod liver oil to help with the dryness. If it is not okay to give it to her straight (most bottles say 6 months and up), she should still get benefits if you take it, assuming you are breastfeeding. The spitting up blood could very possibly be drainage. I mean, you spit up mucus that drains down your throat, so why not blood?
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #5
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BAD bloody nose**UPDATE**

Thank you for the support ladies!
Old 10-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
maggie_may
Happy Knits
seller

My Mood:
Re: BAD bloody nose**UPDATE**

I'm glad it's not too serious. I was pretty worried for you mama!