Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:05 PM   #81
jarahrocks
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: is there a FF forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermomcchr View Post
I had a mom at a playgroup tell my fosterbaby-she didn't know me or that it was a fosterchild before she said this-that he should tell his mommy that she was feeding him poison and if he wanted some good milk she would BF him! I was new to the playgroup and was totally shocked that someone would say that to a stranger-particularly since she said it TO THE BABY!
I have heard comments while in public that I am poisoning my baby, that I am a horrible mother cuz I am taking the lazy way out giving formula, and tons more rude comments. I have read posts by moms telling FF that it is horrible to ff, that it is poison and more. I have gotten to the point that I rarely comment about FF cuz I am tired of being criticized for it, I can totally see how many ff moms choose NOT to even admit on here that they FF.
Holy Sheep!

Are you serious?! That just about takes the cake on all the holier-than-thou-my-tatas-produce-milk comments I have ever heard. That is just sad!

Oh and you are more than welcome to use the blanket phrase in your sig. Another one I appreciate is "Why yes I do formula feed because the best nourishment for my babies is love."

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #82
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

What difference does it make if there is one forum or 100? If your life doesn't apply to a specific forum, then don't go in to it. It's really simple, actually.

I, personally, think it makes a board look too busy with a bunch of forums, but that's just my personal preference. And that is also why I stick to FSOT and Diaper Chatter mainly. I get lost if I venture out of those forums.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #83
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I had a mom at a playgroup tell my fosterbaby-she didn't know me or that it was a fosterchild before she said this-that he should tell his mommy that she was feeding him poison and if he wanted some good milk she would BF him! I was new to the playgroup and was totally shocked that someone would say that to a stranger-particularly since she said it TO THE BABY!
I have heard comments while in public that I am poisoning my baby, that I am a horrible mother cuz I am taking the lazy way out giving formula, and tons more rude comments. I have read posts by moms telling FF that it is horrible to ff, that it is poison and more. I have gotten to the point that I rarely comment about FF cuz I am tired of being criticized for it, I can totally see how many ff moms choose NOT to even admit on here that they FF.

If someone EVER said that to my child I'd lose it. Please tell me you set that woman straight!!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #84
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't doubt at all that after you removed your support of FF you got more replies. I remember reading on here about a mom that said she would NOT buy anything from a mom after she read a post about FF-don't remember all the specifics, but there was a thread that was really bad bashing FF and it got heated-I don't think the mom was saying she wouldn't buy b/c the other mom FF, but b/c of what the other mom posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykaymay View Post
that is not right.

i used to have it in my siggy when i started here (to be fair i also had baby wearing and cding) and sometimes people wouldn't respond to my pms and my posts. call me crazy but when i took that down seemed like i got a lot more replies.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:17 PM   #85
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, I just might add that to my siggy-gotta see if I have room or not, not sure of the limits on this board. Yep-I was shocked! And YES, I did give it to her full force as did several other people that heard her-one of the moms was ready to SLAP her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarahrocks View Post
Holy Sheep!

Are you serious?! That just about takes the cake on all the holier-than-thou-my-tatas-produce-milk comments I have ever heard. That is just sad!

Oh and you are more than welcome to use the blanket phrase in your sig. Another one I appreciate is "Why yes I do formula feed because the best nourishment for my babies is love."
Old 10-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #86
bellamama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
What difference does it make if there is one forum or 100? If your life doesn't apply to a specific forum, then don't go in to it. It's really simple, actually.

I, personally, think it makes a board look too busy with a bunch of forums, but that's just my personal preference. And that is also why I stick to FSOT and Diaper Chatter mainly. I get lost if I venture out of those forums.
I agree with this, but what harm would it cause to add one more. We already have a bf forum.

Disposables is not an issue imo, not that it is wrong but that is primarily a cloth diapering board.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #87
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

OH yes, I set her straight all right! She was a piece of work for sure! She was one that would purposely show skin when she was BF and even would move to MAKE SURE that she was seen nursing, she was particularly bad when there were dads/grandads at playgroup. She actually got up and moved one time to be closer to a grandad when her baby wanted to nurse, she lifted up her shirt-wore NO BRA, both breasts exposed-though, one not as much as the other, but honestly, she had her shirt up way higher than it needed to be, as if to flaunt it at the older gentleman-who clearly was uncomfortable with it. I only say she got up on purpose cuz she WAS sitting in a nice comfy chair, only to move closer to the gentleman and sat down on the edge of a radiator-how MORE obvious could she get???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post

If someone EVER said that to my child I'd lose it. Please tell me you set that woman straight!!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #88
jarahrocks
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks, I just might add that to my siggy-gotta see if I have room or not, not sure of the limits on this board. Yep-I was shocked! And YES, I did give it to her full force as did several other people that heard her-one of the moms was ready to SLAP her!
You can have up to three lines so it should be ok!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #89
jarahrocks
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
OH yes, I set her straight all right! She was a piece of work for sure! She was one that would purposely show skin when she was BF and even would move to MAKE SURE that she was seen nursing, she was particularly bad when there were dads/grandads at playgroup. She actually got up and moved one time to be closer to a grandad when her baby wanted to nurse, she lifted up her shirt-wore NO BRA, both breasts exposed-though, one not as much as the other, but honestly, she had her shirt up way higher than it needed to be, as if to flaunt it at the older gentleman-who clearly was uncomfortable with it. I only say she got up on purpose cuz she WAS sitting in a nice comfy chair, only to move closer to the gentleman and sat down on the edge of a radiator-how MORE obvious could she get???????
I was going to suggest you strangle her with the nursing bra for being such a jerk but umm apparently that wouldn't have been an option for obvious reasons!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #90
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
wow- wait what? once again maybe this is why a ff forum would be helpful- this sounds kind of not to nice either -maybe I'm being sensitive
Closed Thread