Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #31
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: how do you bathe your babe? 8 month old is dirty! LOL!

I tried one of those baby bath tubs with ds 1 and he hated it, was screaming and literally jumping out at 1 week old he was kicking so hard. Found one of the bear shaped baby bath sponges in the baby section at walmart and have used them with all the rest since. I love them and use them until they are way to big for them! lol They are also cheap! Around $5.

Advertisement

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #32
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the advise everyone. The infant seat worked ok at first, but now its just crappy!

Maybe I am too neurotic here, but dont you worry about bathing your child in the kitchen sink? There are so many germs there! LOL! I know I clean it, but still all our old food and who knows what else goes in there....

I will definatley ahve to try showering with her. I used to shower and bath with Celeste all the time until she was like 3 and we got her special needs bath seat. There was really no other way to do it! I know that with Amira there are times where I want to do a quick rinse off and I dont want to have to jump in the tub though, like after a messy dinner or something.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #33
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to shower with my dd, but now she is too wiggly and slippery. She is 8 months too! I do use the sink, and yes I worry about germies! But I clean I spray it Clorox anywhere spray and let it stand for a few minutes then squirt my anitbacterial dishsoap into it and suds it up really well, then rinse in super hot water. Its a little extra work I guess, but the child would get killed in the bathtub and I can't manage her in the shower now. The sink works well for some reason. She doesn't try to stand up or anything like she does in the tub.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #34
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

I either do the kitchen sink, which I santize first with no water and just the sprayer. Abigail is afraid of the bathtub, Dylan is afraid of water and Kyrra doesn't care either way. Jeff's been getting in the tub with them but it does stress Abby and Dylan out a little. When they couldn't sit well I used a Bumbo seat (check my avatar to see Abby in it )
Old 08-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #35
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Since DD has been sitting on her own I just plop her down in the big tub, with just a couple inches of water. She crawls around, and has a blast

It's just recently that she's been trying to pull up on the sides (which I discourage), and that is really the only thing that concerns me. If she slips while crawling and gets a faceful of water, I'm right there to catch her and sit her back up, so I don't exactly see it as a big deal, KWIM?

I also dislike bathing the kiddos in the sink... that's just nasty to me, unless they are in a baby tub in the sink. I'm sure the regular bathtub has germs inbetween when I bleach it (once a week or so) but I'm also not preparing raw food in the there, so I don't worry -as- much.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #36
rds989
Registered Users
seller

Until dd started to climb out, we used the kitchen sink. I'd clean it out while the kids were finishing dinner. And I got one of those big bath sponge things (they're supposed to line the bottom of a baby bath, and are like $3.50 at BRU or Target) and cut it in half and then I would stick it in the sink to cushion the bottom. When she was done eating, I'd take off her clothes and pop her right in. Worked really well - if ds was still eating, he could just keep going while she had her bath!

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:50 AM   #37
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After 5 months we were using a bath chair, he would sit in it while I took a bath. Now he just bathes with DS1 or showers with me.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #38
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At that age tubbies in the sink became really messy. So I used a tub ring. DD loved it. I would put a towel around the ring to hold her in, and stop any slipping. Once she would no longer stay in the ring we went to just using the tub. Our bathtub has a textured bottm, so I didn't have to worry about a mat.
fouradss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #39
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with me or DH
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #40
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all your advise everyone!

I went out to target and today and bought one of those sponges and a bath mat.

I washed out the kitchen sink and gave Amira a bath on the sponge. She LOVED it! It was great

I am going to try out the bath mat next time I shower so we can see how she does there.