Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #11
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long do you let them CIO?

Oh, and ds would never sleep at my moms house until he was 1 and she watched him since he was 6 weeks old. He would do just fine at home and my mom would mimic what I did and it didn't work until he was 1!

Advertisement

Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #12
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Is it possible that she may have some kind of sensory issues? Maybe she can't hear? IDK just something to think about.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #13
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have you tried gas drops?
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 PM   #14
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie'sMom View Post
Sounds like the start of separation anxiety.

Wear her, don't leave her alone and don't let her CIO.

and maybe get one of her mommy's shirts or sthing that has her scent and let her carry it/have it close by She might also be homesick....so maybe bring some of her things from her home to make it more comfortable.

Last edited by CrunchyMama0607; 10-26-2007 at 09:31 PM.
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #15
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could you possibly try sitting at her house for a few days? It might help decide if it's separation or not. I know obviously her mom wouldn't be home, but it would be her stuff, her crib, ect... If it's a food thing, how are her diapers? Of course you really can't compare to BF poo, but how much solid food vs formula is she taking? My kids were BF'd so I don't know what formula poo looks like but I think allergies and such show up in poo kinda mucus like. Also is she on the same nap/feeding schedule as your DC? (We always followed the "eat, play, sleep" pattern) It could make it easier on you.

I DD#2 WILL NOT sleep anywhere but her crib, both kids have always gone to work with me DD#1 perfect sleeper, same routine with #2 and she will not sleep in the pack n play at work. She still seems to be a bit more "high" needs than DD#1 about a lot of things but she is only 21months.

Just a few thoughts -- I hope you find a solution soon.
ericak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #16
mrsboyko
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was thinking the sent thing too. Do you have any room deodorizers, like those plug in things? They could be so normal to you, but she could smell them and they could be bothering her.

I also second the idea of being at her house for a few days, a week or so. Just to see if it is your house, you, or just 'not mom' that is the issue. Is she like this with mom and dad?

This may be a bit taboo too, but what about BF'ing her a bit? I would def. run it by mom, but as a last resort, it could be a special bond you would have with her that could calm her down a bit and make her feel more secure with you, KWIM?

That is all I got. G/L. I think Christmas is plenty of time for you to figure out what is going on or for her mom to find someone else.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #17
Meg678
Registered Users
seller

Does she have a lovey/soother that her mom doesn't bring? I know I always keep Ellie's lovey at home in fear of losing it but it sounds like either
1) Something's hurting
2) she's got some seperation issues and just plain misses her mommy or
3) She's missing something in her routine at your house that soothes her in her own house.
Those would be my guesses anyway. Have you tried gripe water? That saved our lives with DS.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #18
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow I don't know what I'd do!! I've watched my friend's children off and on since dd#1 was like 6 months.

At first she would cry A LOT.. I comforted her sometimes and sometiems it helped.. now she's three and I love it b/c dd and her keep each other entertained!!

Hope you find what works for you!!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #19
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

I hate to say this, but she just may be the kind of kid that screams all the time...with nothing wrong...sounds bizarre, but totally possible.

I agree with other posters, I personally would give her 2 weeks notice and let her know it is just not conducive to any of you to have her screaming like that all the time.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #20
Sweetpotatoesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first thought was to nurse the poor baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsboyko View Post
I was thinking the sent thing too. Do you have any room deodorizers, like those plug in things? They could be so normal to you, but she could smell them and they could be bothering her.

I also second the idea of being at her house for a few days, a week or so. Just to see if it is your house, you, or just 'not mom' that is the issue. Is she like this with mom and dad?

This may be a bit taboo too, but what about BF'ing her a bit? I would def. run it by mom, but as a last resort, it could be a special bond you would have with her that could calm her down a bit and make her feel more secure with you, KWIM?

That is all I got. G/L. I think Christmas is plenty of time for you to figure out what is going on or for her mom to find someone else.