Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
tammilf
Registered Users
seller

swelling - but just one foot

Anybody experience this?

I am 26 weeks today, 2nd pregnancy...didn't really have swelling with the first one.

I actually have been experiencing pain on the top of that foot and up my shin since last Sat. No injury that I remember. It got worse through the week, so that yesterday I had to find a pair of shoes that would not push on the top of my foot at all. But, it was not swollen until late last night. Somewhat better this morning, but after sitting at my desk for three hours, it is pretty swollen again. Have had it up on a chair for another hour now with no change.

Advertisement

tammilf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: swelling - but just one foot

I had this with my last pregnancy. My right foot, fwiw.

I went in, thinking I had somehow hurt it in my sleep or done something and not realized it at the time, but we could never figure out what would have caused it, besides the baby possibly laying funky and maybe cutting off circulation somehow.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

i had swelling on only my right side with my first pregnancy (none with this one!) and my midwife said that when swelling is on one side, that it has to do with how the baby is laying. some days i would be totally fine, others my right foot would look about twice the size as my left!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
tammilf
Registered Users
seller

Did either of you have pain preceding the swelling? It didn't hurt all the time, just if touched, like a bruise, but there wasn't/isn't a visible bruise.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammilf View Post
Did either of you have pain preceding the swelling? It didn't hurt all the time, just if touched, like a bruise, but there wasn't/isn't a visible bruise.
Hmmm... my foot was definitely sore; kinda felt like it was strained. Very tight, too, from the swelling. It would be tender to walk on, and would hurt if I pressed on the top of my foot.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
gracenglory75
Registered Users
seller

If there is pain, it could be tendonitis. I've had this (with pain) since week 32 of pregnancy in the left foot and my Dr. after feeling it, said it's tendonitis---brought on by pregnancy sometimes. It's driving me nuts!!!! It's cold in north eastern NY now, and flip flops just aren't fun anymore!
Chuck's Bride. BF'ing, delayed vacc'ing, no circ'ing, CD'ing, gardening, natural living Mama to Miracle and Mason (2/7/11) with two angel babies, Daniel (8/05) and Nathaniel (7/13/09 ruptured ectopic pregnancy)
gracenglory75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:49 PM   #7
tammilf
Registered Users
seller

Well, I went to the dr yesterday. She thinks I sprained or broke a joint on the top of my foot. Prescribed a surgical shoe for me to wear for the next month. Very fashionable. Really adds to my sexy wardrobe.

Anyhow, it does feel better not having a shoe press on the top of my foot. Not sure that it explains the pain that runs up my shin. Maybe tendonitis is the real culprit, but not sure what else would be done for that.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:24 AM   #8
gracenglory75
Registered Users
seller

The only thing you can do is ice it and put it up periodically. You'll see the swelling go down--for about as long as it's up. As soon as you get back to life, it'll swell again. :-(
Good luck!
Chuck's Bride. BF'ing, delayed vacc'ing, no circ'ing, CD'ing, gardening, natural living Mama to Miracle and Mason (2/7/11) with two angel babies, Daniel (8/05) and Nathaniel (7/13/09 ruptured ectopic pregnancy)
gracenglory75 is offline   Reply With Quote