Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:
calculating due date

Okay, I know what day I conceived on... october 9th....when I went to dr on halloween they said I was 5 weeks based on last day of my period and that I got pregnate on the 10th...( but we didn't dtd on the 10th only 9th that whole week ) but that would put me at 3 weeks the week of halloween right? Or am I not figuring it wrong? I assume the dr would know what they are talking about so how is it a different date?

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: calculating due date

http://www.due-date-calculator.com/
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

well just remember that even though you DTD that day doesn't mean the egg was fertilized that day , that's one of the reasons due dates are only estimates , you don't know 100% when that actually took place , than how early or late did you implant ect ect . I would just go by your dates and give yourself a day or two window . and no , doctors don' always know better how to calculate it , they go off a basic 28 day cycle , they don't always take into account your specific cycle length ect .

Oh and congrats !!!

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
gabesmamamadeit
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsymama View Post
well just remember that even though you DTD that day doesn't mean the egg was fertilized that day , that's one of the reasons due dates are only estimates , you don't know 100% when that actually took place , than how early or late did you implant ect ect . I would just go by your dates and give yourself a day or two window . and no , doctors don' always know better how to calculate it , they go off a basic 28 day cycle , they don't always take into account your specific cycle length ect .

Oh and congrats !!!

Thats right, you have to allow some time for the swimmers to get to the egg. Also the reason they are saying it is 5 weeks instead of 3 is because they count the two weeks leading up to ovulation as part of gestiation... I have no idea why.

Examples of my work
gabesmamamadeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabesmamamadeit View Post
Thats right, you have to allow some time for the swimmers to get to the egg. Also the reason they are saying it is 5 weeks instead of 3 is because they count the two weeks leading up to ovulation as part of gestiation... I have no idea why.
They count those 2 weeks since the body is getting prepared for implantation of a fertilized egg by shedding the lining (your AF) and then of course ovulating. So in theory it is the "beginning" of pregnancy - and you wouldn't get pregnant without those 2 weeks!
Old 11-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
divapoppins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my ovulation due date and the dr's due date where never the same, although kinda close . unfortunately neither of my dr's would go by my date , they'd rather use their wheel chart due date lol i dont suppose its a big deal unless it was a off by weeks or something