Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
staceycanada
Registered Users

My Mood:
Having our baby

We will be having our baby Thursday or Friday. Labor never really progressed and I am not any further dilated. If anything happens between now and then I will do a vbac but otherwise we will get to met out little one by c-section. So excited!!!!

Advertisement

staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Having our baby

CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!! It is exciting news to know when your baby is coming!

I am so sorry that you aren't going to get the vbac you wanted. It is kinda nice to know exactly 'when' your baby is coming so that you can be at the hospital, have your kids taken care of, hubby there or any family that you want, etc. I went a week earlier than my scheduled induction so my DH's family completely missed the birth of their first grandbaby. I was telling them it would be the ONLY. They get another chance though.

Anyway.. sending you wonderful labor/delivery vibes and health to you and your baby! I can't wait until you post your birth story with pictures of that sweet baby!!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

CONGRATS!! How exciting!!! So sorry you didn't get to have your VBAC Is it possible to maybe just give your body more time? But your prob anxious to meet your wee LO though
Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooh, that's exciting! Good luck!

(I hope I can go by Friday too )
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #5
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

So have there been any updates? When will you know when they will do the c/section? Are you dilated any further?
Sorry to be nosey! Just wondering how you were doing and if you have any thing set yet.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
staceycanada
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have to have the section, the doctor was more than willing to wait it out.

It's me, my last pregnancy I lost one of my twins during delivery (placenta abrupt) at 38 weeks.

I am 38 and 4 days now and as I got closer to 38 weeks I started having panic attacks. On friday I was throwing up all day and just couldn't convince myself that everything was fine. I ended up going to the hospital just to make sure everything was all right.

When the doctor came in to see me I broke down crying and said I just couldn't do this anymore. I am losing my mind with worry everytime the baby hiccups.

I asked him if he would induce me but because of my previous section it increases the risk of an abruption of the previous scar. I agreed to undergo the section. I just need to see and hold my baby so I can be reasured that everything is alright.

So the date will be Thursday Nov.8 at 8am. I am so excited. It's rather strange to know when your baby is going to be born, but also lots of fun. I feel more in control now so I think this was the right desision.

My birthday is Nov. 14th so I get a new baby for my birthday!!!!!! What a great present.

I will post photo's as soon as we get home.

Last edited by staceycanada; 11-05-2007 at 10:07 PM.
staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceycanada View Post
I don't have to have the section, the doctor was more than willing to wait it out.

It's me, my last pregnancy I lost one of my twins during delivery (placenta abrupt) at 38 weeks.

I am 38 and 4 days now and as I got closer to 38 weeks I started having panic attacks. On friday I was throwing up all day and just couldn't convince myself that everything was fine. I ended up going to the hospital just to make sure everything was all right.

When the doctor came in to see me I broke down crying and said I just couldn't do this anymore. I am losing my mind with worry everytime the baby hiccups.

I asked him if he would induce me but because of my previous section it increases the risk of an abruption of the previous scar. I agreed to undergo the section. I just need to see and hold my baby so I can be reasured that everything is alright.

So the date will be Thursday Nov.8 at 8am. I am so excited. It's rather strange to know when your baby is going to be born, but also lots of fun. I feel more in control now so I think this was the right desision.

My birthday is Nov. 14th so I get a new baby for my birthday!!!!!! What a great present.

I will post photo's as soon as we get home.
No need to explain mama!! I don't think you are doing anything wrong. You have to do what you think is best ya know? I lost Abbey at almost 21 weeks and I am freaking out about this pregnancy. {She was placenta abruption too, but slow which saved me major problems but took her away}. We are pretty sure she passed a week or so before though. They are being very careful and want to reassure me in anyway. They were even willing to do a c/section if I wanted. I am not sure yet as I am still in my first trimester. I told them I thought a vbac, but in all honesty.. if I start worry about my baby's life.. you can bet I am getting that c/section!

I can't wait to see your little one! Sending you LOTS & LOTS of healthy fast recover vibes!! I can't wait to meet your little one!
Happy Birthday too! That is a great bday present!

Congratulations mama! I have had 3 inductions and I know this will be the 4th. It is too scary to wait on what will happen. When we have, we haven't had good luck. So I totally understand wanting to induce or get the c/section! Things will be okay! You will have your healthy baby soon!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dd2 was born the day before my birthday. a baby is just about the best present ever!! i hope your delivery goes wonderfully.