Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #1
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Red face Wool lovers- please tell me what to do!!!

Ok, after yet another pee leak from my 2 mos old this a.m., I need to know some good covers, and especially longies, for heavy wetters. He does well in his WCW soaker and shorts, so I will be trying to get some of those longies, anything else? I am making recycled wool and have some awesome sweaters, but they are not working well for him.
I know everybody says a good fitted, but I though wool would work with prefolds, and that is what I have, no money to get fitteds!
He is in a premium prefold folded in the front. I have lanolized a little, a medium amount, and way too much
Sometimes he does great, no leaks, other times he either pees straight through the cover or it just gets soaked through.
Help!!! I don't want to give up but really want to be able to use something besides my 2 WCW pieces on him.

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool lovers- please tell me what to do!!!

i've heard babyology are good...never tried them (yet) myself but i plan too oncefunds are available

they are suuuuuper thick in the butt area.
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I've been eyeing the Babyology soakers anyway! Anyone else?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

If you dont have the extra for fitteds, you might need to change him more often (we can go about 3 hours with a fitted but a prefold is like 1 hr) or get some doublers, you can even cut and hem some of your current prefolds to add some extra absorbency.
I think for you it really is the diaper issue, not the wool. But our WCW are our bullet proof soakers too. You could also try slightly felting some of your other wool to make it work better. You can do this just by rubbing the wool together while washing or using a hot cold shock. Try it on something you don't care so much about till you get it perfected. And remember it will make it slightly smaller.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Oh, i just remembered. I saw some mama's "embellishing" their prefolds with another layer of decorative flannel. You could try that too, it will make them pretty and add some extra absorbency. You could even get some microfiber (you could cut the towel like ones to size, i think you get them in the auto care section of your box store of choice) between the prefold and the flannel and that would help TONS!
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

?? I actually am just looking b/c we just started with wool I've got recycled wool.. very thick stuff and we haven't had a leak yet.. (dd will take 3-4 hour naps) Good luck!!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote