Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
Registered Users
Baby's first lentil stew..yummy!

got this recipe in the book "What to Expect, The First Year "(same authors as the well respected What to Expect when you are expecting book).
My daught. likes it.
I added some pork (that i had in a crockpot all day) to this recipe (ground up).
*** i also used mccormacks chicken base instead of tomato juice.. and watered it down so it was not too salty.
For 6-12 months
Lentil Stew
1oz about 1/8 cup of dried lentils (i added more like 1/4 cup)
1 small potato, scrubbed/peeled and cubed
1/2 tsp tomato juice (if tomatoes have been introduced) or low sodium vegetable/chicken broth (watered it down so not to be too salty)
1 small carrot, peeled, sliced

put all ingred. into pot and cover with water. bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer until water is absorbed and veggies are cooked.
Puree the stew to the consistency you like in a blender or with fork. Store in fridge or freezer.
**** I added some ground pork to this stew after I made a pork roast for Dave and I for dinner.. i kept some of the cooked pork that I had in the crockpot all day out.. and ground it up and added it to the stew and so she had tried her first meat :-) *****

Laura - Beaverton, OR

Wife to Dave, proud SAHM to our daughters Reagan, born April 3, 2007 and Karly, born 1/24/09
uoducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Baby's first lentil stew..yummy!

My DS is 10 months and loves this!
rcarver is offline   Reply With Quote