Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #21
snowbird25ca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Ugh, amazing how people get so mad about something so natural.

When dd was nursing a NIP all the time and never used a cover.. I was just discrete to have my shirt tucked around my dd. Heck, I had a lady talking to me and asking questions about dd and stuff and she commented on how she was sleeping so peacefully snuggled up against me. I told her that she was actually nursing, and yep, she was quite happy. I think this poor lady about had a heart attack realizing that she'd been watching dd nurse.

Advertisement

snowbird25ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #22
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What upsets me is the fact that people can get all upset and "offended" at the site of a baby nursing yet find ****ography, suggestive ads, and sexual themes in TV and movies all too fine. Where is the outcry against all of that??!!?? I had a security guard tell me I could nurse my infant in the family bathroom once (to which I politely declined.) He then made a comment regarding other mall patrons. In my MANY years of public nursing, this was my first negative experience/comment. The more I thought about it, the madder I became! What about me...maybe I was offending by the huge poster of the barely covered breasts glaring at me from the Victoria Secret window!!! I don't get it!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #23
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato2
What's pitiful is the mama who has a 4 MONTH OLD and saying it's gross. WOW.
I have another comment to add to this. My first thought when I saw this lady's comment in the artical (esp. the part about her being sick of seeing a baby attached to a breast, what the heck???) was wow, she must have some guilt associated with NOT bf her four m/o. Of course I don't KNOW that she's not bf her babe, but that's what her whole comment lead me to believe. I think she just feels guilty and obviously has issues, sad.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #24
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom
LOL, I thought it was funny when the woman said something about her husband or son seeing a breast that they "didn't want to see" or something like that.
Yup.

My hubby confirmed that no such breast exists. Oh wait. He said Magda from "Something About Mary" has breasts he doesn't want to see. But otherwise, he's cool if I don't try to shield him from seeing breasts

All humor aside, the people who have a problem with that cover are complete and total morons.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #25
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashley
I have to say that I'm NOT the kind of person that speaks up about things even if they do bother me, too much of a people pleaser I guess, but this article really made me sad

I sent an email to babytalk, which is something I never would have done before and the combination of that article and the nursing pictures here on ds, I've convinced myself to extend my BFing goal from 1 year to as long as we feel like going!
I'm proud of you mama!!! Thank you for speaking out for all of us that are giving our babies the best! I'm happy you have made the choice to give your baby the "best" as long as he/she wants! I too made that decision not long ago. I'm not one to speak out either but I sent an email to Baby Talk yesterday and today.

I too am SOOOO outraged by people's stupidity! I agree with everyone here how ridiculous this controversy is. Why doesn't bottle fed babies have their heads covered? Why don't they have to go to a bathroom or fitting room or some other place from the public eye, to eat? Why don't their moms get confronted and ridiculed for being fed in public? There is no difference! The only difference is that breastfed babies get more from their feedings! I don't even no what to say. This is pathetic!!!!! It really breaks my heart!!!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #26
kellypillar
Registered Users

AAaak! The lady they interviewed who said she shredded the magazine, who said that a breast is always sexual - she's from my town! That's where I went to school! It's such a small town, it makes me want to go sit on the park bench on Main Street and nurse topless! Maybe with a big sign next to me that says "Breastmilk - it's what's for dinner!" or "Breasts - that's what they're for!" It makes me CRAZY when I hear such ignorant comments spoken as if EVERYONE here believes that, it gives Texas and especially its small towns such a bad name, like we're all soggy uneducated hicks.

Aaargh! Okay, I have got to go relax. I think I'll go nurse DS.
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #27
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellypillar
"Breastmilk - it's what's for dinner!"

I simply MUST make DS a shirt that says that!
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 AM   #28
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Ugh... makes me sad this picture got people in an uproar BUT I can go into a million stores & they have dirty magazines sealed in plastic w/little stars or other things covering body parts... no one is crying about Playboy & other mags being sold... guess they're more tastefull.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:08 AM   #29
svm8
Registered Users

My husband's Sporting News magazine came this weekend--a nude woman lying on top of hundreds of baseballs with only a few baseballs covering the strategic areas. I'm sure no one would bat an eyelash at this cover, but if it involves bf then its an outrage!! This whole thing just makes me angry!! I can't even go into how upset the public perception of breastfeeding makes me (that statistic that only 40 something percent of Americans believe women should have the right to bf in public!!!!) I don't know what it will take to change people's minds, but I hope that we see change soon!
Sarah
svm8 is offline   Reply With Quote