Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
Registered Users
old vs. new Magic-alls

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the differences are between the new vs. the old style of Magic-alls. We like the old style, but we get tired of snaps so I was thinking of ordering some of the new aplix style. Are they equally absorbent as the old style? Same drying time? Is the fit different? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

cprice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: old vs. new Magic-alls

The new MagicAlls are just as absorbant as the old ones...there really is no change as far as that goes. The BIGGEST difference b/n the old v. the new would be the leg elastic. The leg elastic on the old MagicAlls was a bit tight and left red marks for a lot of babies, apparently. My dd is fine with it, but it was apparently a common complaint. The new MagicAlls have a new, very gentle leg elastic. It's completely different - the elastic runs through the middle of the dipe sortof. It's like it's an inch or so from the edge of the dipe. It's hard to explain, but there isn't a "casing" around the elastic, if that makes any sense. The elastic is really gentle, but it still can get nice and snug. The new elastic is the ONLY dipe that has held back my dd's toddler teething poos.

There are differences b/n the new aplix and the new snap MagicAlls, though. Basically, the waistband on the snap MagicAlls hasn't changed from the old design. But the aplix MagicAlls have a wide internal waistband. It's a good inch wide - doesn't leave red marks, either. But it helps the dipe fit a wider range of waist sizes.

bectoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:04 AM   #3
I grow people
Re: old vs. new Magic-alls

yeah, the suedecloth "rolls" out over the leg casings to make it easier on the thighs, that's the only difference I believe. Except of course, the aplix.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote