Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #1
wyovol
Registered Users

Washing/drying pockets

Hi all,

I'm new to CDing and am using prefolds and pockets. I have some BunGenus right now and a couple of FB on the way. So far I've been line drying the BG and that has worked out OK. But with more pockets on the way I will quickly be out of room!

Will drying the pockets in the dryer with the prefolds shorten their life? I hope to use these with future kidlets!

TIA.

Diana

Advertisement

wyovol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Washing/drying pockets

I dry all my diapers and inserts together and don't have any problems so far. i guess after a long time the elastic might go bad but that is normal wear. The fleece on mine also get a little pilly from the inserts being in the dryer with the pockets but I refuse to hangdry my diapers or I would be washing everyday just so they could hang dry.
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
halyled
Registered Users
seller

I've just been hanging my fb covers on hangers in the laundry room while the inserts are in the dryer or on the line outside. The covers dry really quickly. I think the care instructions said not to tumble them (esp. not on high w/ dipes), but I may be wrong.

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i hang dry all my pockets, you can toss them in the dryer a few times a month just to re-seal the PUL.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
wyovol
Registered Users

Thank you all! I love this cloth diapering thing, but don't want to mess up my dipes by doing something stupid.
wyovol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:57 AM   #6
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

We dry ours (on low) and hang dry our Fuzzi Bunz about 50/50. The covers dry SUPER fast. You could probably hang the covers and put the inserts in the dryer and they'd both be dry at the same time, especially if you hang the covers on a rack over an air vent or outside.

If I'm going to hang dry my dipes, I usually try to wash them first thing in the morning, then hang them on a rack on the porch where they can get full sun. They are usually dry by lunch time. If it's cloudy out and the inserts don't get fully dry, 15 min in the dryer will do the trick.

I haven't had any problems with wear and tear on the PUL drying them in the dryer and we've been at it for about 4+ months now.

HTH!
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote