Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #71
lilyfish
Registered Users
seller

Re: LEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by heluvsme View Post
I didn't see the ad...mine was totally innocent. And the "W" in Diaperswappers definitely looks like a baby's bottom, which is totally appropriate IMO

ETA~can't we be a bit more supportive here? Sheesh! Change is super hard on me but I'm at least going to give it a chance before I start squawking LOL
I thought the baby butt was cute!

Jjae, I'm really amazed by the vitriol in your OP. Why so very angry? Are you having a bad day? I'm NOT being sarcastic, I REALLY am curious as to why your tone was so very acerbic and.. well.. rude. I find it ironic that you comment on how DS is "losing respectability" while needlessly bashing Lee and DS in the same breath... The sex ads are obviously DISGUSTING and UNWANTED, but you know, these administrators removed an "adult discussion" forum to preserve the family-friendly quality of this forum--it should be clear that they would not PURPOSELY allow sex ads on this site!

Yes, there are some things I don't like about the design, but why not posit your ideas in a NICE way? It's not like the administrators sit around all day devising ways to offend women here... geez.

Advertisement

~ emma goldman
Old 11-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #72
momahaylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow just wow!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #73
Phooey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the new layout.

Color is hard on the eyes.

Thought the kissing ad was tacky but not enough to make me go visit another site.

The new diaper picture is very nice (but I liked the bum, too...).

I, too, have to scroll side-to-side to read anything.

A big to the people who worked hard to do what I wouldn't have had the first clue how to do.

Phooey on beggars not being choosers
Kim, WIFE to an amazing hubby, MOM to Duncan (12 - early teenager syndrome), Jensen (10 - middle child syndrome), two angels, Rowan (3 - preschooler syndrome), and Kaylen Grace (born 10/29/10 - Down syndrome).

Last edited by Phooey; 11-15-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #74
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

I prefer blues or earth friendly browns/greens. Easier on the eyes.
Just glad the site is working.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #75
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Iovino View Post
I'm really dissapointed at what everyone is saying. I've been awake for 26 hours just today coding, tweaking, fixing and hopeing I was going to get to please some of you with the change, I was sadly mistaking. I will be working on new colors this weekend now and I'll try to have them ready by mon/tues. I gotta say though, you have taken all the fun out of this from me.

Stay tuned for more color options...

No! Don't let them take the fun out of it for you! I think there are a great deal of us who appreciate it, its just that the people who don't appreciate it tend to have bigger, louder, mouths.

Honestly though, I LOVE the layout, and I actually don't mind the colors either. I think you did a great job, and I totally appreciate all the hard work you did just to try to please this rough crowd! I was really shocked to see comments like "I DONT like the pink/purple. I need the blue back." or "I knew this board was kind of going down a notch in respectability." And then there are those people comparing it to a **** site. Obviously they've never been to one or they would know that this is a far cry from one!

To all the harsh posters: Have you ever had someone work hard on something in an effort to surprise you? When they unveil their surprise, do you start immediately picking it apart tactlessly, only pointing out negatives? I understand that this is a site made for us to begin with, but whatever happened to constructive criticism? He worked his *ss off on this and all you have to say is how disgusting it is and how the board isn't respectable anymore? I hope that you all were just having a bad day. I really do.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:52 PM   #76
homeschoolingmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I appreciate the hard work on the site. I do really like the layout better. I am not wild about the pink... I did not see the previous baby bum (or whatever) but I like the diaper just fine.
I think a lot of this could have been avoided by some talk/discussion, etc. prior the changes. i.e. A simple preview of the logo would have shown that people would not like it.. Of course you can't make everyone happy, but at least you can give people some options and the chance to express their opinions
And, to respond to the prior post about democracy- I understand this is not a democracy, but people come here because they want to. They don't have to, they can go any number of other places. It seems to me that the admin would want the people to be happy- and I think that they obviously do... even though they did not handle this change well IMO, there is nothing they can do about it now, and they are really listening to the opinions and working to respond to that now that they see the issues people are having....

Old 11-15-2007, 10:00 PM   #77
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by De-lovely View Post
I think its INSANE some of you are so uptight about the changes.....talk about ridiculous!
I SO AGREE!

Saying I am going to have to leave if it isnt changed back Buuh-Bye!

I am sad the Baby Butt is gone so now one half is pleased because its OMG, a butt and the other half isnt happy with the diaper there instead!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #78
TabbySanchez07
Registered Users
seller

OMG! This site is getting as bad as Craig's List! Get over it! Its a free website that you get to chat/buy/sale/trade your stuff for free. I cant believe so many people are complaining over the look of the site. I personally like pink, but whatever color it is, thats what it is. I dont understand why so many people are upset over it???
Old 11-15-2007, 11:31 PM   #79
lilyfish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by De-lovely View Post
I think its INSANE some of you are so uptight about the changes.....talk about ridiculous!
I, frankly, have been straight-up disgusted by the rude and acidic tone of some of the moms in this thread. Ugh. They're obsessed with "decency" yet aren't treating people with any of that decency!!!
~ emma goldman
Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #80
luvmy2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
You've done a FANTASTIC job Ken. Seriously, some people just NEED the drama and *****y-ness. Don't let the few that have act like asses make you feel bad.

Seriously, I love it, it looks AWESOME.