Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #21
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HOLY CRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BusyMommy View Post
Thank you everyone.

I'm so confused with emotions I am not happy with myself for feeling this way.

My husband says I'm crazy because I was crying because now I feel like my 2.5 year old is going to feel different and not as loved or be sad because someone else may be getting her attention when he or she is born from other family members.

Isn't that horrible? I am more concerned about how she is going to feel when the new one arrives then anything!
it is normal to have mixed emotions. Don't worry a bit about your little girl.She will LOVE getting a real live baby.I had two very close together (my oldest was 13 months when her sister was born) My oldest understood quite a bit and at the end of my pregnancy we talked a lot about the baby that was coming.We practiced loving on dolls to get ready for the real live baby.She was in love from birth on

Your DD is old enough to get excited about the whole process. She'll love ultrasound visits.Try your hardest to take her to the 20ish week one so she can actually see the baby.

Oh, and if you can get your hands on a copy of A Child Is Born. It has some really graphic pictures so don't just pass her the book but there is an AWESOME section that shows color ultrasounds that were done in Germany and were taken every few weeks all through pregnancy.I pull it out and we all look for the picture that matches how many weeks I am.Just last night we saw a 16 week baby picture and the girls were squealing about how much it has grown since 12 weeks.
Even my DH likes looking at the pictures

You'll be just fine mama and so will your little girl

Advertisement

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #22
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I would think that if your cycles are fairly normal you would have gotten pregnant about 14 days or so after your last period ended?? Is it possible the test you took 3 weeks ago was a dud?Those are way darker colored lines than what I got when I was 5 weeks....

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 11-15-2007 at 02:57 PM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #23
divapoppins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no mistaking that ++ Congrats mama !!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:12 PM   #24
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama!!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #25
1BusyMommy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
Oh, and I would think that if your cycles are fairly normal you would have gotten pregnant about 14 days or so after your last period ended?? Is it possible the test you took 3 weeks ago was a dud?Those are way darker colored lines than what I got when I was 5 weeks....

I took MANY tests, probably 6-7 that were all neg. So the dud factor seems out.

I haven't had a period since August, I have horrible weird cycles and was just some meds to help me ovulate, apparently I didn't need the help afterall.

I just have NO idea. We have only had unprotected sex since early-mid October so thats the earliest it could be.

I called the doctor for a blood test, when I see the levels I will know more of an idea of everything. My appointment is Monday and I'll know Tuesday
1BusyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #26
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do we REALLY need to tell you HOW it happened?

Congrats!

Quote:
How the heck did this happen?

I haven't had a period since August, so how did I get pregnant? I test all the time, last time I tested was about 3 weeks ago and it was negative!

I have to call the doctor tomorrow.

I am FREAKING OUT (excited, confused at how, and scared) lol

What are the odds of 3 + ?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #27
mom2threepumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
How the heck did this happen?

I haven't had a period since August, so how did I get pregnant? I test all the time, last time I tested was about 3 weeks ago and it was negative!

I have to call the doctor tomorrow.

I am FREAKING OUT (excited, confused at how, and scared) lol

What are the odds of 3 + ?

Hey mama congrats!!!! I did the same thing I took three tests before I was actually convinced I was having #3...LOL I was scared too but everything worked out fine. You will be ok. Savor every moment:babypoopLOL) because one day you wake up and your little baby is all grown up

Corinne, mama to 3 wonderful babes and wife to a great man
mom2threepumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote