Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face Co-sleeping ?????

My baby is 6.5 months old and she sleeps in bed with my husband and I. We live with my family. My 12 year old sister still sometimes sleeps in bed with my mom and step-dad. She just started sleeping in her own bed less than a year ago. My husband doesn't want Jacy (our baby) to be doing the same thing at that age! Sometimes it's hard because we only have privacy in our own room. The baby being in bed with us is sometimes a little challenging. We have to plan when we want to be together.. ..
Can anyone offer me any advice on this issue??? lol

Advertisement

ashleynjacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-sleeping ?????

Honestly, my ds would go to bed in his room and end up in ours until he was 3 1/2 years old! All of a sudden one day he just didn't do it anymore...soooo...I know it's hard to have that precious 'alone time', but if you can try to lay her down in her crib/bassinet...and then when she wakes up in the night have her come lay with you guys that might help a little bit, and as long as you encourage her to have independance from your bed at a reasonable age I don't foresee having a 12-year-old in your bed as a problem!

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our dd co-slept for 2 1/2 years and then wanted to sleep in her own bed so we bought her one and she sleeps in it every night once in a while she joins us but now it is a treat to get a chance to snuggle
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

My 2.5 year old still sleeps with us most of the night-- he has his own bed and he'll go between them. Honestly, I'll start worrying when he's older (school age).
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have co-slept with all three of our children and only one is sill in our bed (but he's only almost one). We bought the older boys (now 4 and 2.5) toddler beds at around age 2 and then took them out to purchase a special blanket for thier new bed. They both were excited to use thier new blankets and took to the toddler bed wonderfully (although we did have my oldest's toddler bed next to our bed till our middle child was 2 and got his own toddler bed). Now they both sleep in their own beds in the same room and love it. No problems with them coming to our room and sleeping. My youngest sleeps in the crib sidecart our bed (on railing is off and its pushed against our bed) and he sleeps in there most of the night. I agree that if you enforce that they have their own bed they will embrace it (we do let my youngest come into our bed when he wakes up). My boys are all bed hogs and love their space so we defintely needed them to be in their own bed at leadt part of the night!
Ericka
Old 08-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol...that is good to know...
my husband is sooo freaked out that my sister still likes to sleep in bed with my parents sometimes...the funny thing is that she is a pretty "normal" 12 year old. I still don't think I would want to have a family bed for that long! Thanks for the advice!
ashleynjacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #7
KuddlyKreations
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD who is 3 we have her toddler bed set up in our room. So she is still close to use but is sleeping in her own bed. We just started this about 2 weeks ago and so far its going great. On occasion she still likes to start out in our bed. But once she is asleep she is put in her bed and normally stays there the entire night. BTW my DD never co slept we didnt have an AP parenting lifestyle when she was tiny and started when she was 9 months old. She just started sleeping in bed with us when she was about 24 months old after her baby brother came. She saw him and figured hey I wanna do that too LOL. DS has ALWAYS coslept from day 1. We had the crib beside my side and used it like a side car by taking the rail off that went up and down. Butting the crib right next to our bed with mattress even with ours. Just recently in say the last 4 months we put on the rail. Now he starts in our bed and falls asleep and we transition him to the crib which is right next to our bed still. But with the rail on so he stays in there the whole night rather then being able to roll into ours. They both seemed ready for this transistion and its going good. Sometimes DS still spends the whole night in our bed but maybe only 1 time a week.
KuddlyKreations is offline   Reply With Quote