Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
Registered Users
AF Question

My cycles have always been pretty regular. They started up again ~9mo after dd was born and they regulated after the first or 2nd cycle to a nice 28d cycle even though I was still nursing.

3ish mo ago, I skipped a cycle. (I think - I guess I could have forgotten it, but I'm pretty sure I skipped it completely)

last mo, it was early. Used to come 4th Wed of the month and it came on the 3rd. I KNOW b/c it was before Dd's bday. Now, its been 35d and counting.

I'm not testing. I'm almost certain I'm not pg. When stuff like this happens I get myself all worked up about the possibility, spend $15 on tests and then its always neg.

I dont have an appt w/my ob/gyn till early Jan- should I worry? Take it as a sign from G-d that I need to figure out what I'm doing in terms of future children?

could it just be b/c dd has suddenly started sleeping through the night?

Retired milkshare donor -Nearly 1700 oz of ebm donated
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: AF Question

my dd is 2.5 years old and my cycles didn't come back until she was 14 months but they regulated right away. not that she's only nursing 2 times a day they've gotten off track and the last cycle was early. i'm also ovulating earlier the last 2 cycles as well... i am also certain i'm not pregnant.

i would just not worry about it and wait it out. i too hate to spend so much money on tests just to see that they are negative.
WAHM Wares
Ask about custom size children's undies!
sandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: AF Question

I'd go grab a dollar store pg test, just for peace of mind.

I've started using the Fertility Awareness Method, and I like having an idea of where my cycle is at, check out "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler, you can even read the first 4 chapters online at barnes and noble!! and you can go to to learn more about FAM.

thats my
Mama to K-5.5 D-4; B-27mand M- born on Oct 11 While Daddy was home on R&R! Married 7 years to DH (still deployed in support of OIF(it's been 14 months so far)
Rachaelbee is offline   Reply With Quote