Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
Spencersmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
"Well there is a sippy cup!"

OH yes, this is what my mom said today. We were talking about me and grad school next year and how I'm so tired now I don't know if I can do it but I said well hopefully I will have energy back when I'm not nursing DS non-stop and I said really when you think about it there may only be 6 months of that left! She goes, "SIX months??? Six, what are you talking about?? Spencer was off the bottle and on a sippy at 7 months." (He wasn't bf.) And I said yeah and he was on formula and he got formula in a sippy. "Well, why aren't you going to just give this one formula in a sippy in a couple months then." I said, "Because I don't have to so why would I?" Then she didn't say anything else....

Good lord everywhere preaches at least a year! I mean geez! He can't even have anything besides formula or momma milk so why formula? I doubt he would take it if I offered anyway! He just now decided he could "deal" with a bottle of breastmilk LOL.

Ugh, I don't get it.....all because I didn't nurse my first except for 2 months due to circumstance this one is supposed to be the exact same....

I even heard my aunt say the other day, "Yeah Sara nursed FOREVER! The longest of all 5 of my kids!" Me thinking wow! someone who understands.....she says then, "Yeah she was almost 10 months!" Um....

Advertisement

Spencersmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
MamaOf3Cuties
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Well there is a sippy cup!"

to you, Mama. Stick to your guns. You know in your heart what's right for you and your babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencersmomma View Post
OH yes, this is what my mom said today. We were talking about me and grad school next year and how I'm so tired now I don't know if I can do it but I said well hopefully I will have energy back when I'm not nursing DS non-stop and I said really when you think about it there may only be 6 months of that left! She goes, "SIX months??? Six, what are you talking about?? Spencer was off the bottle and on a sippy at 7 months." (He wasn't bf.) And I said yeah and he was on formula and he got formula in a sippy. "Well, why aren't you going to just give this one formula in a sippy in a couple months then." I said, "Because I don't have to so why would I?" Then she didn't say anything else....

Good lord everywhere preaches at least a year! I mean geez! He can't even have anything besides formula or momma milk so why formula? I doubt he would take it if I offered anyway! He just now decided he could "deal" with a bottle of breastmilk LOL.

Ugh, I don't get it.....all because I didn't nurse my first except for 2 months due to circumstance this one is supposed to be the exact same....

I even heard my aunt say the other day, "Yeah Sara nursed FOREVER! The longest of all 5 of my kids!" Me thinking wow! someone who understands.....she says then, "Yeah she was almost 10 months!" Um....
Old 11-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #3
goddessofflight
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: "Well there is a sippy cup!"

stick to your guns. my DD is nursing 14 months going strong and my boobies are seen as miracle boobs since everyone in my family either side and hubbys to never made it past 7 months.

excited to meet our new little guy in Oct 08.

proud Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Extended Breastfeeding, Nursing while pregnant mama
goddessofflight is offline   Reply With Quote