Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #21
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Favorite pacifiers?

We started with the Avent ones - then they stopped carrying the ones we liked at the Target here. So now we use MAM - always the silicone kind. Have you TASTED the latex ones? LOL, seems stupid but those things are disgusting! LOL I also have a latex allergy so we try to keep any latex out of the house.

Advertisement

Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #22
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd needed a paci too. She used soothie exclusively from the hospital until about 6-7 mos, when she quit wanting it and never went back! You can find soothies at target, wal-mart and BRU. We never tried another brand, but she did prefer nuk shaped silicone bottle nipples....
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #23
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Some babies just have a really high need to suck.

Our fave has always been NUK. All 3 of mine have taken them. And to be honest, I'd rather have them take a binky rather than a thumb. Much harder to break of the thumb because you can't throw that away
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #24
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea
Some babies just have a really high need to suck.
And to be honest, I'd rather have them take a binky rather than a thumb. Much harder to break of the thumb because you can't throw that away
My sentiments exactly!! My DS is almost two, and still uses a paci. We tried taking it away, and he started sticking his fingers and thumbs in his mouth. Yuck! Gave him back the paci!

Alex was very picky, and would not take anything with a bulb at all.

we used the first years to start with (the infant ones with no bulb), then MAM minis exclusively from about 3 months until he was about 18 mos old. Now he takes the size 3 nuks and the normal MAM overnight pacis.

HTH

Laura
AngelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #25
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds started out with Playtex, then switched to MAM. Dd only sucks her thumb.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #26
monkeymama
Registered Users
seller

DD started with Avent, then moved to Nuks. This is when we were still putting it in for her, up till about 7 months. Ever since she figured out how to put it in herself, she is better with Avent because it doesn't have to go in a certain way. She just pops it in. With the Nuks she'd sometimes put it in upside down and get all pissy. I need my sleep too much during the night, so I just leave Avent in her crib now for nap and bedtime. She doesn't need it during the day.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:41 AM   #27
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we use the most like mother from...oy, it escapes me right now...ok i googled it, by platex. its the only one ds can get a good suction on and if he happens to accidentally spit it out, it doesnt have a right/wrong way so he can just pop it in again if he can manage that much coordination, lol. i was dead set against using a paci, but i cant be his paci all day and he loves to suck, and the only other option is his thumb and i want to avoid that at all costs (i sucked mine till i was 13 and even now at 28, when in a very heavy sleep, will i occasionally do it! DH thinks its adorable, ugh. Ok, thats my secret)
Old 08-11-2006, 02:57 AM   #28
jeniperlyn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00
"stinkin' binky" (as it's called in our house)... but, as it turns out DS would be latched to me (not eating.. just playing around) night and day if it weren't for the pacifier... so, I GUESS it's a good thing.. for now... although I still hate the rotten thing...
That reminded me of when was opening gifts at my baby shower and i opened the one with the pacifiers in it, My mom was writing the list of gifts and i looked at her and said, "BAD HABITS"....lol...I felt kinda bad later because my cousin had no clue i did like pacifiers. When i think of them i picture a 4 or 5 year old walking around with one. That being said, we tried giving my DS one when he was in the hospital for jaundice and it got him to sleep, nurse told me, "as soon as you get him to take one your life will be much easier". I give him one off and on but he would rather suck on mommy. At first he would only take the ones i got at the shower, i believe they are NUK (bigger and kind of round at the bottom), now he will only take a soothie. They are a lifesaver at times. I still don't like them either though!
SAHM to Zachary Arthur 4/5/06 Mckenzie Elizabeth 5/14/08 our angel with wings 6/2/07 & Complete Molar Pregnancy 3/8/12 followed by ema/co (multi unit chemo). weened at 24 months DD and 12 months DS, , ...out of the loop! Baby #3 due 5/19/15.
jeniperlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:19 AM   #29
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS took avent until he discovered his thumb at about 3 months.
DD took NUK with latex until about 5 months, then I bought a package of Ma'am because they were "cuter" lol. Now that's all she takes. She does not like the silicone ones, but I imagine if we had tried that from the start, it wouldn't be an issue. We really like all the designs they have available too. She is addicted! lol

we did try the playtex ortho care (something like that) and DD's latch was messed up for a few days until we realized the binky was the culprit. HTH!