Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
What the heck is going on with my dipes? Poop problem!

For the past couple of weeks, whenever my son poops, poop falls out the leg. We find poop nuggets all over the house! He is 17 months old and this primarily happens when he wears medium Fuzzi Bunz. However, it has also happened in prefolds and wool wraps. He's skinny enough as it is, do you think this is happening because he's losing more weight? Yesterday he had a more squishy poop and it squished out the thigh of the diaper and down his leg. Ick.

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #2
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Re: What the heck is going on with my dipes? Poop problem!

Do they fit tight enough around the legs? Maybe he is taking them out of his diaper? My nephew did this when he was little and called them his bottom rocks for some reason. He was always telling us he didn't want rocks on his bottom .
Old 08-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

They are pretty tight around his thighs. I snap them on the second to tightest thigh setting and the tightest waist setting. It looks pretty snug and doesn't droop down. I tried this morning to put it on the tightest thigh setting, and while I could snap it, it just looked too tight, so I loosened it to our normal setting. Sigh. He's probably playing with it. Gross.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our son has skinny legs too. I think when they get more mobile there are certain possitions they get into that cause more issues with leg gaps. I've noticed diapers that seem really snug can gap when he's kneeling on the floor. I can some times even see his private parts, and laying down they look very tight. Those thunder thighs are helpful for something afterall. GRIN We've never had them in our house.....