Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #11
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: colicky baby anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell015
OK You all may think I am on crack but I swear by this method... run the vacum. DS chills out instantly when I turn it on. He just passes smooth out and it fine. Try it. It sounds crazy but it really works.
I have heard that or put baby in the carrier/carseat and sit them on top of the dryer while it runs. Of course you should stay right w/ them, but worth a shot for a happy baby.

Advertisement

Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
Trishalynn
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: colicky baby anyone??

my dd is there right now, although she's starting to outgrow it now though!!! thank goodness! But Her major thing was dairy, I had to cut out all dairy from my diet while i was BFing and it usually takes about six weeks for your body to be rid of it all! That said, she still wasn't great after that, just a bit better. try pumping her legs into her just and pushing her legs into her chest and holding it there, to help with gas. Also a rolled up towel place on her tummy when your holding her (so the towel's pushing on her tummy) We did gripe water, oval, etc.. and none of it worked better than just moving her legs alot. Also rub her feet go from left to right just under her toes (had baby massage person come to my moms group and show us this lol) and try massaging her tummy from her right to left just under the belly button (this one did wonders for my dd) but it does go away eventually! at 12 weeks my dd is starting to get better! And most lactose intolerances go away by 6-7 months!! So would probably only be a temporary diet change!! I know what the continually screaming baby is like!! Hope some of this helps!
Trishalynn is offline   Reply With Quote