Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #11
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The dreaded bath time

I don't really have any advice, just going to share my experience. My first hated baths in the beginning and then I guess just got used to it...however, he wasn't a very stinky baby...and he did get a good bath every once in awhile - when I felt it was necessary..otherwise I just wiped him down. He seriously did not get bathed (like, submerged in water - ie, bathtub, sink, etc) regularly until he started eating baby food and was totally disgusting

With that said - and sounding like I'm a horrible neglectful mother....my second son was a verrrry stinky baby...and as soon as I could, he was getting real baths regularly - every day, sometimes more. He was really oily and just in the course of a regular day..his head would almost knock you over if you were holding him.

So, my point is...if he's not *needing* it, I don't think it's wrong to skip it - specially with all of the anxiety he's feeling over it. Not fun for him OR you!

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2006, 07:54 AM   #12
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

HUGS Newborn bathing isn't fun. I still take babies in the tub or shower with me. Frances is 10 weeks and I think he may have had only a couple more "real" baby baths. Everything else is just a rinse
Old 08-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #13
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

If he does not like baths. don't give him one. you can always do sponge baths. Babies don't need baths everyday. It really is not good for their skin to be in water and soap a lot. My little girl is almost 6 months and she only gets a real bath 2 times a week. The rest of the week it is sponge baths and wipe downs with a baby cloth. I think tons of showering and bathing is not good for the skin especially baby skin.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #14
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS HATES the baby bathtub, the sink, or being bathed alone. But he LOVES swimming and being in the tub with mommy. So maybe that's something you could try...taking your baths together.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #15
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD hated baths when she was young. I always did her in the bathroom sink. I put a towel next to the rim of the sink for padding and just did it as quickly as possible. Now she's almost ten months old and she loves bathing in the big tub by herself. (with me there of course...) She'll stay in there for almost thirty minutes at a time. *I put a bath pillow on the bottom of the tub near the back end of it so she has padding for when she slips. But she loves loves loves the water. I can't wait till next summer to get her a kiddy pool.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #16
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

SO how does bathing with DC work? DS is right slippery when he's wet (like all babies I'm sure)... so do you have DC rest on your knees while you bath them?

I'm totally willing to give it a try!
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:29 PM   #17
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I always shower with the babies. I get in the shower first, wash my hair, etc, holler for hubby to bring me the baby, he brings me the baby, I wash the baby, then holler for hubby to take the baby. I don't feel comfortable getting in/out of the shower wet/slippery with the baby so it is better with hubby helping. I have had to put the baby in a baby seat right outside the shower, reach down to pick up/put down the baby as well, but it is better with hubby's help.
fostermomcchr is offline   Reply With Quote