Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
Trishalynn
Banned
seller

My Mood:
PPD question?

I don't think I'm overly depressed, just not a happy camper since dd's been born. I love her to pieces, but I just don't like spending time with her. I feel bad cause I'll totally take my other daughter (2 year old) with me in a second, but am happy to leave dd2 at home. Makes me feel like a bad mom that I don't enjoy spending time with her. she cry's a lot (although she's starting to get better) so its really tiring me. Is this a normal thing? or does that sound like ppd? I just feel like I"m totally favoring my older dd, but I can't help it.

Advertisement

Trishalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
autumnlily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PPD question?

I'm so sorry you are feeling down about how you feel towards dd2. You do love her and that counts and so does the many many things you do for her. I can't say with any authority whether you have PPD or some form of the baby blues - but asking your midwife or Dr. would be appropriate.

I'm so glad I talked to my Dr. I too have had guilty feelings because of the way I feel towards my beloved dd. I'm not here to hijack your thread - but I wanted to tell you that yes, other moms have similiar feelings and talking about them is good. It is healthy that you recognize this and it shows you are a good mother. Take care and get some rest!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:57 AM   #3
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had PPD, and didn't realize it until someone else posted their story and talked about a site that had a self-assessment with automatic scoring. I took the assessment and realized that I was very deep into PPD and had been undiagnosed for 18 months.

Here is the link:

http://www.pndsa.co.za/ms-fc.htm

I'm here if you want to chat also!! HTH!
Old 08-13-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had PPD but did not realize it until the 6 month follow up with my OB. She asked how I was doing and I burst into tears. I had no idea how unhappy I was. All it took was a few weeks of therapy with a psychiatrist who worked mostly with moms and I was a new person. I didn't even need meds.

If you are questioning it at all, call your OB. You need 100% of yourself esp with more than one kid.

Good luck!
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #5
IsaMama
Registered Users

Hi and
You`re not a bad mom , nor are you favoring one over the other.
Right now, you`re doing the best you can and it seems that you`re not avoiding to answer your baby`s needs either.
Relationships between us and the babies aren`t as written in books and all wonderful and beautiful and so, and so...
PPD is a reality that takes many shapes and forms (I`ve been and still am going through for the second time) . Remember : it does go away. Hang in there !
IsaMama is offline   Reply With Quote