Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:17 AM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: Diaper'nDiva
My Mood:
Re: S/O: Who else is a "second" family?

Originally Posted by L J View Post
Sort of, but I left him. My ex has two daughters from his first marriage. The ex never "allowed" them to meet me. My ex could have gone against her wishes, since she didn't have a legal leg to stand on, but wouldn't.

I think had we not been his "second" family, in every sense possible, we would have had a better chance at making it. The number 1 reason I left was because I was tired of living in poverty while his "first" family got to live a comfortable, middle class lifestyle in a very nice house we were paying for and he ex only had to work 12 hours a week.

I'm still bitter, so I'll commiserate with you.
Oh yes... I have almost left DH SO many times for that reason. It's SO hard to get the "left overs"... His ex has a new husband who makes a TON of money, she has a job and we pay her an INSANE amount of child support... We actually have to WAIT until we're done paying child support just to be able to afford a bankruptcy... which SHE caused the need for. She got the house in the divorce and before he could get his name off the deed, she let the house go into foreclosure without his knowing until they started sending HIM collection letters because convienently she filed for bankruptcy and left the whole debt in his name. So we have to wait for our life to begin once HIS kids turn 18... When my kids are older, I SO hope they don't fall in love with someone that already has kids... it's just too hard.

Jeri, Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), a (1/12) and full time StepMonster to Shelby (16). Married to my soul mate, Eric for over 10 years! Awaiting a rainbow after our loss and 5 years of secondary infertility!
"A strong person is not one who doesn't cry. A strong person is one who is quiet and sheds a tear for a moment, then picks up her sword and fights again!"
Craftin'Diva is offline   Reply With Quote