Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
gooseysmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
How do you keep sick toddler away from well baby????

So, my 3.5yo is sick......again...

Baby had a cold for 5wks....would get better....someone would bring in the cold, would get sick...IT SUCKED ROYALLY....I felt awful for her...esp since she is only 13wk old....but she's ok now, gained weight fantastic through it....YAY

But the 3.5yo WON'T LEAVE HER ALONE.....

I wear the baby as much as I can but it's just not possible all day for me.....baby doesn't like all day anyways...

I know her sister loves her....and I am so thrilled there has been minimal jealousy issues....she just wants to be like mommy so she wears her babies, nurses them, changes them (really need some dolly diapers) etc.....

But she crowds on top of her, kissin on her, coughin on her (we are trying to teach her to cough in her elbow or hand and then wash hand).......and just isn't listening in general (i think i must sound like charlie brown adults these days).....

How do you keep baby well when toddler just wants on and with her 100% of the time??????

DSD is sick too....she's well, goes to her mom's for the weekend and a day and then comes to our house sick....

Advertisement

ISO: fall/winter wool and sets. Would LOVE some Harper......M/L
gooseysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Re: How do you keep sick toddler away from well baby????

Well, you can try using a "baby jail" of some sort, or protective custody as we like to call it. Either a play pen or a large enclosed gate or some sort. Granted, when we used the playpen, the older kids would decide the baby needed toys to play with and toss them in and usually at least one would hit the baby in the head. And with the enclosed gate we have, well, the older ones either jump over it or lift it up to climb under it. But it does slow the one year old down at least. Other than that, try bribery with a movie or say sick people have to stay in their rooms or something. Or just accept that you can't keep a loving toddler away from the baby all the time really and remind yourself that you are so darn luck that they love each other. And if it helps, know that there are others out there battling the same darn issue. It is a pain in the rear some days.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote